AFC: 1. Broncos, 2. Patriots; 6. Bengals at 3. Texans, 5. Colts at 4. Ravens
NFC: 1. Falcons, 2. 49ers; 6. Vikings at 3. Packers, 5. Seahawks at 4. Redskins
Saturday: Bengals at Texans (4:30 ET, NBC/Y! Sports), Vikings at Packers (8 ET, NBC/Y! Sports)
Sunday: Colts at Ravens (1 ET, CBS), Seahawks at Redskins (4:30 ET, Fox)
Saturday, Jan. 12: at Broncos (4:30 ET, CBS), at 49ers (8 ET, Fox)
Sunday, Jan. 13: at Falcons (1 ET, Fox), at Patriots (4:30 ET, CBS)
The Vikings are happy to be playing next Saturday. The Texans are disappointed to be doing the same.
Minnesota edged the Packers to earn the NFC's final wild card spot and a rematch against Green Bay next weekend. The Vikings' win also gave the 49ers next week off.
The Texans' loss was a gift to the Broncos and Patriots. Both earned first-round byes with wins, dropping Houston into a rematch of last year's opening round against the Bengals.
Here's the updated playoff picture.
• Clinched the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a
• Clinched a first-round bye with a win at the Dolphins and a Texans loss due to a head-to-head win vs. the Texans.
• Fell to the No. 3 seed with a loss at the Colts and a Broncos win and a Patriots win.
• Will open the playoffs at home against the Bengals.
• Will open the playoffs at home against the Colts.
• Clinched the North due to a better division record than the Bengals (4-2 to 3-3) despite a loss at the Bengals.
• Clinched a playoff berth and the No. 5 seed.
• Will open the playoffs at the Ravens.
• Clinched a playoff berth and the No. 6 seed.
• Will open the playoffs at the Texans.
• Clinched the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs despite a
• Clinched the West with a win vs. the Cardinals.
• Clinched a first-round bye with a Packers loss.
• Fell to No. 3 with a loss at the Vikings and a 49ers win.
• Will open the playoffs at home vs. the Vikings.
• Clinched the East and No. 4 seed with a win vs. the Cowboys.
• Will open the playoffs at home vs. the Seahawks.
• Stuck at No. 5 despite a win vs. the Rams due to a 49ers win.
• Will open the playoffs at the Redskins.
• Clinched a playoff berth with a win vs. the Packers due to a better division record than the Bears (4-2 to 3-3).
• Will open the playoffs at the Packers.
Related NFL video from Yahoo! Sports
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Is there a power struggle in the Jets organization?
• Five NFL coaches most likely to be fired
• Slideshow: Athletes to watch out for in 2013
• Y! Finance: Worst product flops of 2012
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- The Texans