Actor Jonathan Majors' motion to have his domestic violence charges dismissed was denied.
Judge Michael Gaffey denied Majors' request on Wednesday, the Manhattan district attorney’s office confirmed to USA TODAY. Gaffey set a trial date for Nov. 29.
The "Creed III" and Marvel Cinematic Universe star was last present in court for an Aug. 3 hearing along with his current girlfriend, actress Meagan Good. At the time, his trial was postponed. The actor later appeared virtually on Sept. 6, facing another postponement, and again on Sept. 15 for another delay.
New York police arrested Majors in March for the alleged assault of a former girlfriend, the district attorney’s office told USA TODAY. He is facing misdemeanor five charges, including three for assault and two for harassment.
Why was Jonathan Majors arrested?
Majors' March arrest came after officers responded to a 911 call from a Manhattan apartment, where a woman told them she was "assaulted" by him. "The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition," according to the New York Police Department.
A judge granted a limited order of protection, preventing Majors and the woman from assaulting or harassing each other, on March 25 and released Majors on his own recognizance.
Throughout the case, Majors has strongly denied the accusation, claiming he was the one who was attacked "and not the other way around," Majors' attorney said.
Jonathan Majors' domestic violence trial delayed again in alleged assault case
Jonathan Majors' attorney claims he is a victim, district attorney hits back
In August, Priya Chaudhry told USA TODAY in a statement that, "For an excruciating four months, Jonathan Majors, the real victim in this shameful ordeal, has had his life, career, and reputation torn apart. Yet he remains unwavering in his determination to be absolved from this harrowing ordeal."
Chaudry added that she was submitting evidence to the district attorney – including video footage, witness testimony and written statements – "with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently."
Majors also filed a complaint against the alleged victim in June, leading to the start of an investigation by the NYPD. No charges have been filed against the woman.
The Manhattan district attorney's office "would decline to prosecute (the alleged victim) if she were arrested," according to a 115-page document from the district attorney's office obtained by USA TODAY Wednesday.
The document outlines New York State's case against Majors and slams the actor's attorney's statements to press.
The district attorney's office said Chaundry has accused prosecutors of "racism and misandry," lied about a video of the incident "when in fact no video exists" and misrepresented witness statements and statements made by the district attorney's office. As a result, they are requesting "all discussions regarding discovery be memorialized in writing or within court records."
In March, Majors' attorney said she would be submitting evidence to the district attorney including "video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations."
The alleged videos have not been released. USA TODAY previously requested a copy.
Chaudry also stated that there was a "double standard between the treatment of Jonathan Majors, a Black man weighing 200 lbs, and his accuser," adding that it "highlights the racial bias that permeates the criminal justice system."
Jonathan Majors accused of physical, emotional abuse in new report: What to know before trial
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Jonathan Majors' trial sets date: Judge denies to dismiss charges