The San Francisco Giants announced on Thursday they would host a "Metallica Night" on May 3, as part of a game with the rival Los Angeles Dodgers. As if a Giants-Dodgers game needed another reason for fans to scream "Nothing Else Matters."
Metallica will throw out the first pitch(es?) and sing the national anthem. Fans will also get a special Giants/Metallica cap. In-game entertainment will get an infusion of Metallica too.
We looked around baseball and thought, "Gee, other teams should jump on this idea." Music and baseball have been friends for years, right John Fogerty?
The nice people we are, we're offering some suggestions that MLB teams can use:
• Los Angeles Dodgers: Cash Money Millionaires night. ("Every time we see a free agent, bling, bling.")
• Florida Marlins: Firehose night. ("You've seen the fire sale. Now here's the hose.")
• San Diego Padres: Blink 182 night. ("Featuring their hit 'All the Small [Market] Things' ")
• Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Pujol night. ("What, you didn't know there was a band named Pujol? We paid a lot for Hamilton, so you're getting this indie guy.")
• New York Yankees: Rolling Stones night ("So we won't be the oldest guys on the field.")
Your turn! Give us a band and tagline for the rest of teams, or top one of ours.
More news from the Yahoo! Sports Minute:
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Top Rank-Golden Boy feud threatens boxing's credibility
• Todd Helton: The $160M star who got a DUI going to buy lottery tickets
• Ben Howland downplays Bill Walton's scathing critique