On the latest 32 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman shared that he didn't ask a question during the Gary Bettman press conference addressing the Chicago Blackhawks sexual assault scandal because he was late to the story and didn't want to be seen as fronting up late in the game, but now that the truth of Kyle Beach's story is out, all levels of hockey media have a role to play in addressing the broken culture within the league and the sport.
On the latest episode of Zone Time, Julian, Sam, Avry and Omar discuss:
- Erosion of trust in the NHL
- Why hockey culture is broken
- The NHL's treatment of Rick Westhead
- Whether Gary Bettman's growth of the game is everything it's made out to be
- Media complicicty
- You can't fix a problem unless you acknowledge it