Predators, Panthers split preseason doubleheaderBy TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Monday, Sep 19, 2011
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP)—First-round draft pick Jonathan Huberdeau(notes) had a goal and an assist, and Tim Kennedy(notes) scored midway through the third period to give the Florida Panthers a 4-3 win and a doubleheader split with the Nashville Predators on Monday night.
Nashville took the opener 5-3 earlier in the day.
In the opener, Jani Lujunen’s goal with 3:11 left broke a tie and put Nashville ahead for good. The teams used different rosters for both games.
- Williams expects plenty of carries with Steeleers
- Jets' Devin Smith has partially punctured lung, broken ribs
- Daniel Suarez wins pole for Xfinity race in Iowa
- Sydney Seau will get chance to speak for father at Hall of Fame induction
- Hall of Fame profile: Vikings C Mick Tingelhoff
- C.J. Wilson likely done for season with elbow impingement, surgery required
- Shutdown Countdown: Cowboys need a new formula without DeMarco Murray
- Patriots' fight with NFL gets nastier with release of emails
- White Sox put Shuck on DL, recall Carroll from Triple-A
- Panthers WR Hill carted off the field with right leg injury
- 49ers rookie Hayne reiterates apology for offensive comments
- Ronda Rousey dedicates UFC 190 fight to late wrestling legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- New Cowboy Greg Hardy donates $300 to help troll the Eagles
- NBA's current, former stars put on show in Africa exhibition
- Sources: NBPA filing grievance against Kings over voiding of Mbah a Moute contract
- MLB trade deadline: Winners & losers