Predators, Panthers split preseason doubleheaderBy TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Monday, Sep 19, 2011
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP)—First-round draft pick Jonathan Huberdeau(notes) had a goal and an assist, and Tim Kennedy(notes) scored midway through the third period to give the Florida Panthers a 4-3 win and a doubleheader split with the Nashville Predators on Monday night.
Nashville took the opener 5-3 earlier in the day.
In the opener, Jani Lujunen’s goal with 3:11 left broke a tie and put Nashville ahead for good. The teams used different rosters for both games.
- Phillies trade for No. 1 international signing slot
- Marlins activate Morse from 15-day DL
- High Fives: Justin Bour, lots of Brewers worth a look on the waiver wire
- Cardinals place Jaime Garcia on 15-day DL
- Greg Cosell's NFL Classroom: What to watch before the snap
- Still no international glory for Messi, and still no reason to let it tarnish his legacy
- England claims bronze medal after defeating Germany 1-0
- Sources: Clippers coach Doc Rivers to talk to JaVale McGee, Amar'e Stoudemire
- Lewis Hamilton elated after making a winning call
- Cal Ripken to visit Connecticut to promote youth foundation
- Dreams of victory for a struggling South African rugby team
- David Ortiz makes first home start at first base since 2005
- All-Williams matchup headlines Monday's action at Wimbledon
- Sources: Lakers finalizing terms on trade to acquire Pacers center Roy Hibbert
- LaMarcus Aldridge solidifies Spurs' contender status, eases transition to future
- Reduced role doesn't stop Wambach from being USA's inspirational leader