Predators, Panthers split preseason doubleheaderBy TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Monday, Sep 19, 2011
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP)—First-round draft pick Jonathan Huberdeau(notes) had a goal and an assist, and Tim Kennedy(notes) scored midway through the third period to give the Florida Panthers a 4-3 win and a doubleheader split with the Nashville Predators on Monday night.
Nashville took the opener 5-3 earlier in the day.
In the opener, Jani Lujunen’s goal with 3:11 left broke a tie and put Nashville ahead for good. The teams used different rosters for both games.
- Heroics and heartbreak: Stanford delivers in clutch to dash Notre Dame's playoff hopes
- Stanford shocks Notre Dame on last-second field goal
- Report: Iowa State hires Toledo's Matt Campbell
- Oklahoma claims Big 12 title and probable CFP spot with win against Oklahoma State
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's 11-year unbeaten streak, celebrates by singing Aerosmith
- Michigan State destroys Penn State, sets up date with Iowa for Big Ten title
- USC clinches Pac-12 South title with 40-21 win against UCLA
- Report: Gun pulled on 76ers' Jahlil Okafor in October incident in Philadelphia
- Winners and Losers: There are six teams left vying for four CFP spots
- LSU beats Texas A&M; LSU AD says Les Miles will continue to be coach
- Why this win over Michigan meant so much to Ohio State's Urban Meyer
- Patrick Kane sets NHL record with points in 19 straight games
- Alabama outlasts Auburn in strange, kick-heavy Iron Bowl
- Report: Byung-Ho Park traveling to U.S., deal expected with Twins
- John Tortorella blasts Penguins: ‘Pittsburgh whines enough for whole league’