Predators, Panthers split preseason doubleheaderBy TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Monday, Sep 19, 2011
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP)—First-round draft pick Jonathan Huberdeau(notes) had a goal and an assist, and Tim Kennedy(notes) scored midway through the third period to give the Florida Panthers a 4-3 win and a doubleheader split with the Nashville Predators on Monday night.
Nashville took the opener 5-3 earlier in the day.
In the opener, Jani Lujunen’s goal with 3:11 left broke a tie and put Nashville ahead for good. The teams used different rosters for both games.
- Anze Kopitar, LA Kings significantly apart on contract talks
- Vladimir Putin teams up with Ovechkin and Malkin in hockey exhibition (Video)
- John Dodson ready to rid UFC of 'plague' in flyweight division
- Power Rankings: 10 to go in the Xfinity Series
- Kopitar negotiations update; Ryan's RV trek; Eichel's mega hockey card deal (Puck Headlines)
- Marek Vs. Wyshynski Podcast: Islanders architect Bill Torrey on Al Arbour
- Freshman WR packs up and leaves SDSU without telling coaches
- Power rankings: Deutsche Bank Championship
- Urban Meyer 'has an idea' on starting QB, will play both throughout season
- Part of the outfield wall in Oakland came loose, because of course it did
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka arrested, charged in 1983 death of girlfriend
- Teenage takeover: Most teens in U.S. Open men's draw since 1990
- Kiké Hernandez wore a banana suit to rally Dodgers during their 14-inning win
- Super Bowl Media Day will become 'Super Bowl Opening Night'
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast