Predators, Panthers split preseason doubleheaderBy TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Monday, Sep 19, 2011
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP)—First-round draft pick Jonathan Huberdeau(notes) had a goal and an assist, and Tim Kennedy(notes) scored midway through the third period to give the Florida Panthers a 4-3 win and a doubleheader split with the Nashville Predators on Monday night.
Nashville took the opener 5-3 earlier in the day.
In the opener, Jani Lujunen’s goal with 3:11 left broke a tie and put Nashville ahead for good. The teams used different rosters for both games.
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich; World Cup votes probed
- Before arrest, 911 caller says NFL player Ray McDonald drunk
- Russia says it has 'nothing to hide' after FIFA bid probe
- Winter sports federations drop out of SportAccord
- Sad Hollywood ending for Juan Uribe as Dodgers-Braves trade nears finalization
- Lightning flunked their Stanley Cup test in Game 6
- NY Rangers rout Lightning, chase Bishop in Game 6 to avoid elimination
- Colin Kaepernick has social media faux pas, jokes about Houston flooding
- THE LATEST: Ex-FIFA exec Jack Warner says he's innocent
- Russian lawmaker: FIFA arrests not related to Russia's World Cup bidding
- Sharapova says Fed Cup should change dates
- Revived: Dodgers/Braves six-player deal reportedly agreed to Tuesday
- LeBron James' long trip home to lead the Cavaliers back to the NBA Finals
- Cavs finish sweep of Hawks with ease, land 1st Finals berth since 2007
- Justin Verlander looks dominant in simulated game
- Dwight Howard won't be suspended for Warriors-Rockets Game 5