Updated 11:20 a.m. ET, Saturday, Oct. 5
Byes: Dallas, Detroit, Oakland, Tampa Bay
Here are PFW's Week Five defensive rankings:
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Bills
- Houston Texans at Jets
- Baltimore Ravens at Chiefs
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Titans
- New York Giants vs. Browns
- Chicago Bears at Jaguars
- St. Louis Rams vs. Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals at Rams
- Seattle Seahawks at Panthers
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Eagles
- Green Bay Packers at Colts
- New England Patriots vs. Broncos
- New York Jets vs. Texans
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Dolphins
- Atlanta Falcons at Redskins
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Bears
- Philadelphia Eagles at Steelers
- Miami Dolphins at Bengals
- Denver Broncos at Patriots
- Cleveland Browns at Giants
- Carolina Panthers vs. Seahawks
- San Diego Chargers at Saints
- New Orleans Saints vs. Chargers
- Buffalo Bills at 49ers
- Tennessee Titans at Vikings
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Packers
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Ravens
- Washington Redskins vs. Falcons
The above rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.
- Baltimore Ravens
- Seattle Seahawks
- Houston Texans
- Cincinnati Bengals