In recent years, Odell Beckham Jr.’s insane one-handed catch against the Cowboys has been the standard-bearer for incredible catches in the NFL.
But nearly three years to the day after Beckham’s reaching, twisting touchdown, Washington’s Maurice Harris has put in his bid for a grab that should at least merit catch of the year consideration.
Harris was engaged with Vikings’ cornerback Trae Waynes for the final 10 or so yards of the 36-yard route, and as the ball from Kirk Cousins arrived, Harris had his hand on Waynes’ hip.
He disengaged from Waynes and stretched out for the pass, pulling the ball in and landing just inbounds in the end zone for the first score of the game.
An undrafted rookie out of Cal last year, Harris played 10 games for Washington as a rookie but began this year on the practice squad. He was just promoted to the 53-man roster on Saturday.
His crazy catch was the first touchdown of his career.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Report: Goodell wanted $50 million salary, private jet
• EzekielElliott to leave country during suspension
• Bears’ challenge backfires horrifically
• Protesting Titans star shows support for military
• Seahawks face possible penalty for violating concussion protocol