A thrilling showdown between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers drew 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling the network’s average viewership for a regular season telecast.
More from Variety
- ESPN Plans 'Rail-Cam' Stream for Opening NBA Telecast
- TV Ratings: 'Holey Moley' Cards a Par, Helps ABC to Thursday Win
- TV Ratings: 'Tough As Nails' Ticks Up, Leads Wednesday Night With 'United We Fall'
Last night’s doubleheader, which also featured a close encounter between the Utah Jazz and the New Orleans Pelicans, scored an average audience of 2.9 million viewers across TNT and TV Everywhere platforms, which represents an increase of 109% over the average viewership for an NBA game this season, which stood at 1.4 million viewers prior to the COVID-enforced hiatus.
The Clippers-Lakers game peaked at 4.1 million viewers.
More to come…
Best of Variety
- What's Coming to Disney Plus in August 2020
- Everything Coming to Netflix in August
- The Best Movies on Netflix