Tottenham stabbing: Two men injured in north London butchers shop attack

George Martin
Police outside the butcher's shop on Sunday morning. (Twitter/@fumingchu)
Police outside the butcher's shop on Sunday morning. (Twitter/@fumingchu)

Two men were stabbed on Sunday morning in a shocking attack inside a butchers shop in north London.

The Metropolitan Police said they were called to West Green Halal Meat and Groceries store on West Green Road in Tottenham shortly after 9am on Sunday.

Officers arriving at the scene found two men injured who were later taken to hospital by an air ambulance.

Their condition is not yet known.

Police setting up a cordon around the shop. (Twitter/@fumingchu)
Police setting up a cordon around the shop. (Twitter/@fumingchu)

The Met said a third man was assaulted but no arrests have been made so far.

Witnesses claimed on social media that two shopkeepers were attacked by two teenagers however the Met has not confirmed this.

A spokesperson for the force said at the moment, there was nothing to suggest it was a robbery.

It comes just a day after two separate stabbings in the capital.


Whitechapel stabbing: Man fighting for life after incident in east London

Members of the public praised for trying to stop Arndale Centre knife attacker as he slashed at shoppers

Westfield stabbing: Young man knifed multiple times in shopping centre

Two men were arrested after a man was critically injured on Turner Street in Whitechapel at 2.05pm on Saturday.

Elsewhere in the city, the Met said a man believed to be in his early 20s suffered multiple stab wounds at Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherd’s Bush.

Earlier this week, two teenagers were stabbed to death within hours of each other in the capital on Thursday.

Baptista Adjei, 15, from North Woolwich, was attacked on or after getting off a bus which stopped near to the Stratford Shopping Centre.

Police said a 15-year-old boy who handed himself in to an east London police station was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Five hours later, at 8.21pm, officers were called to the Brandon Estate in Camberwell, south London, where they found an 18-year-old man with stab wounds.

He died an hour later, the Met said.

Watch the latest videos from Yahoo UK