SMU has presented a tough challenge to TCU so far Saturday afternoon in Fort Worth… except for the final play of the first half.
With SMU leading 22-21 with three seconds left in the half, TCU was at the Mustangs’ 38. Instead of trying for a long field goal, the TCU offense stayed on the field and Kenny Hill chucked a Hail Mary toward the end zone.
TCU’s Jalen Reagor had a crowd of SMU defenders around him, but he jumped up and easily caught Hill’s pass for a touchdown without much resistance from the Mustangs.
Seriously, this was way, way too easy for Reagor. Nobody on the SMU defense even attempted to knock the ball down. They all stood around waiting for one of their teammates to take care of it.
That touchdown gave the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs a 28-22 lead at the break. TCU went on to win 56-36 to improve to 3-0. SMU dropped to 2-1.
More college football coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Oklahoma State quiets doubts on its high-powered offense
• UCLA tries crazy pre-snap lineup against Memphis
• Memphis establishes early presence with win over UCLA
• Texas A&M receiver’s rude gesture toward fans
• ESPN accidentally airs old Notre Dame photo with naked man
– – – – – – –