Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are slightly up at the midday mark, having given up some earlier gains. The tech (XLK) and health care (XLV) sectors are up the most, while real estate (XLRE) and energy (XLE) are the most in the red. Jonathan Corpina of Meridian Equity Partners joins us live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Myles Udland and Jen Rogers.
Today, on Midday Movers we discuss:
- How to play defense in the current market and where to buy
- Amazon promises more disruption in food space
- Amazon wants to dethrone Ticketmaster
- Buying a TV: How NOT to get ripped off
- HBO’s hackers demanding $250K in Bitcoin