For her first look of the night, the show’s host walked the red carpet in a purple off-the-shoulder gown, which she paired with smoldering smoky eyes and a nude lip. However, the 34-year-old is never one to keep things simple, and added a touch of gold just below her lower lash lines and at the inner corners of her eyes for some extra sparkle.
Watch the video above to see how Sephora PRO makeup artist Chris Sams recreates Underwood’s fresh spin on traditional glam.
1. Fill in brows with Anastasia Brow Powder in warm medium brown.
2. Line top lash line and blend using Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Blacquer. Pro tip: By applying liner first, you create a primer base for eyeshadow.
3. To create a smoky eye, use Sephora PRO Warm Palette and start by pressing the copper shade on the inner two-thirds of the eyelid with a flat brush. Then, use sand at the inner corners of each eye. For definition, pat cedar near the outer corners of each lash line. Add drama by blending on Obsidian shade. Pro tip: Only use eyeshadow on one side of brush, to prevent fallout.
4. Apply one coat of Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara. Follow with adding Make Up For Ever’s Lash Show False Lashes in N-403 and add another layer of mascara for extra volume.
5. Finish with a deep nude lipstick such as Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb. Pro tip: Press concealer in the center of the lips to brighten for an overall muted look. Top lips off with Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Totally Lucid for a shiny finish.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: