Advertisement

Sean “Diddy” Combs Decries “Ambush” Of Federal Raids, “Witch Hunt” & “Meritless” Sexual Assault Suits

A day after federal agents and local police in Los Angeles and Miami raided the homes of Sean “Diddy” Combs, the much-accused hip hip mogul is attacking those claiming he sexually assaulted them and law enforcement.

“This unprecedented ambush — paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence — leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits,” said Combs’ defense lawyer Aaron Dyer on Tuesday as whispers swirled about what happened on March 25 and why. “There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”

More from Deadline

Read the full statement from Combs’ lawyer Aaron Dyer below.

Already facing a series of lawsuits alleging sexual assault, (including with a minor) and sex trafficking, Combs was further accused of wide spread abuse and misconduct in February in a $30 million federal suit by Rodney Jones Jr., AKA Lil Rod, one of the producers of his latest album The Love Album: Off The Grid. On March 25, the same day the feds were in Combs’ homes, Jones’ complaint was amended to add Cuba Gooding Jr as a defendant along with Combs and various music execs. Previously the Jerry Maguire Oscar winner, who has been accused of sexual assault independently before, had merely been mentioned in the suit in relation to alleged misconduct of his own against Jones

The floodgates opened late last year when ex-girlfriend Cassandra Ventura filed an explicit action against Combs detailing years of alleged sexual, emotional, and physical abuse. Combs settled that case confidentially in less than 24 hours with what was estimated to be multimillion-dollar check to Ventura.

RELATED: Sex Trafficking & Gang Rape Claims Leveled Against Sean Combs By Teen; All About “Quick Payday” Says Producer/Rapper

Then the feds swarmed Combs homes, taking everything to a whole new level.

“Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners,” a spokesperson for Homeland Security said on March 26 as federal agents were still in Combs’ residences on the  coordinated raids on both coasts. “We will provide further information as it becomes available.”

RELATED: Sean Combs Steps Back From Revolt Media Amid Sexual Assault Lawsuits

While there has been no official confirmation so far that Combs is the direct target of a criminal probe, the fact that Brendan Paul, an associate of the producer’s named in one lawsuit, was arrested today in Florida probably isn’t a good sign. Additionally, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the matter told Deadline yesterday that Combs is “at the center of their actions” on Tuesday. The US Attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York working on the matter as well, with a possible criminal case being put together.

RELATED: Sean “Diddy” Combs & Cassie “Resolve” Rape Case One Day After It Was Filed

After the raids on Monday, there was speculation that Combs had fled the country because his private jet was tracked on its way to the Caribbean. However, according to sources on both sides of this issues, the “I’ll Be Missing You” performer is still in America.

Here is the full statement from Combs’ lawyer, Aaron Dyer:

Yesterday, there was a gross overuse of military-level force as search warrants were executed at Mr. Combs’ residences. There is no excuse for the excessive show of force and hostility exhibited by authorities or the way his children and employees were treated. Mr. Combs was never detained but spoke to and cooperated with authorities. Despite media speculation, neither Mr. Combs nor any of his family members have been arrested nor has their ability to travel been restricted in any way. This unprecedented ambush — paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence — leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits. There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.

Best of Deadline

Sign up for Deadline's Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.