Reese Witherspoon attended the 2018 Golden Globes alongside Eva Longoria, wearing a black gown as a political fashion statement, in support of the Time’s Up movement. Using such a public forum to speak out against sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond was truly powerful. However, Witherspoon’s red-carpet look wasn’t entirely all black.
Allow us to direct your attention to the 41-year-old’s eye makeup. The Best Actress in a Limited Series/TV Movie nominee added a subtle pop of color to her outfit with a wash of pink eye shadow.
Patrick Eichler, executive director of education and artistry for Make Up For Ever, put his unique spin on recreating Witherspoon’s pink smoky eye look from the Golden Globes. Watch the video and learn how to copy it! Keep reading below for step-by-step instructions and product recommendations.
1. Prep eyelids with a primer to prevent creasing. Try: Step 1 Eye & Lip Primer.
2. Dust on a rose-pink shadow like Artist Color Shadow S-814 all over lids with a small fluffy brush.
3. Then blend a dark pink-purple shadow into the inner crease. Eichler’s go-to: Artist Color Shadow M-820.
4. Draw on Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow along the upper and lower lash line, with a fine brush.
5. For dramatic flair, add Lash Show False Eyelashes N-405.
6. Sweep an English pink blush such as Artist Face Color B208 onto apples of cheeks, for a natural flush.
7. Finish with Artist Plexi-Gloss 102 Pearly Sweet Beige on the lips.
Hair details: Stylist Tatiana Ramos for Mizani prepped locks with Thermasmooth Sleek Guard, before creating a dramatic side part and flat-ironing hair. Next, she teased the crown area to give height and control direction of bangs. Ramos separated a small section from front of hair to create a faux fringe, pinning it behind the ear.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: