Fans hoping to watch the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers in person will have to wait for a bit. Both teams announced Tuesday that fans will not be allowed to attend Rams or Chargers games “until further notice.”
In a statement, the Rams said they would entertain fans once “conditions surrounding the coronavirus pandemic significantly improve.” The Chargers echoed that, saying they look forward to celebrating with fans “when conditions ultimately improve.”
The Chargers and Rams will both play at SoFi Stadium, which will open this season. At least 49 workers tested positive for the coronavirus while working on the stadium.
Rams previously said attendance might be limited in 2020
The Rams warned fans this could be a possibility in July, when the team said fan attendance would be, at best, limited in 2020. In that statement, the team said season-ticket holders would have the first opportunity to purchase tickets if fans were allowed into SoFi Stadium in 2020.
While fans can’t attend the team’s home opener, the Rams are making cardboard cutouts available for fans to purchase. They cost $70. That money will go toward the Los Angeles Rams Foundation.
The Chargers had not previously issued a statement regarding how the team would approach attendance in 2020.
The Rams and Chargers are the latest NFL teams to announce plans for fan attendance in 2020.
More from Yahoo Sports: