Miami-Dade’s County’s best athletes delivered some top-notch performances once again last week.
This week, we resume a weekly feature where we ask you to vote for the best performer of the week in Miami-Dade County high school sports.
Below is a look at the five candidates from last week’s action. Take our poll below to cast your vote. The poll will be open until Thursday, Nov. 2, around 10 p.m.
You may vote as often as you like until then.
Here are the candidates from last week’s events:
▪ Dylan Gonzalez, Florida Christian, football: Gonzalez ran for 242 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Patriots to a win over Hialeah ABF Academy.
▪ Melissa Gonzalez, Doral Academy, girls’ volleyball: Gonzalez finished with 41 assists to pace the Firebirds to a four-set win over Cypress Bay in a Region 4-7A semifinal.
▪ Alejandro Romagosa, Columbus, boys’ cross-country: Romagosa ran a time of 15:57.12 to win the Junior Orange Bowl Varsity Invitational.
▪ Nicole Dragoni, Miami Southridge, girls’ cross-country: Dragoni ran a time of 19:50.29 to win the Junior Orange Bowl Varsity Invitational.
▪ Lorenzo Rodriguez, Miami Belen Jesuit, boys’ golf: Rodriguez shot a 63 to win the District 16-2A championship.