Advertisement

Parents said baby was exposed to ‘cleaning chemicals.’ But it was fentanyl, WA cops say

An 11-month-old is recovering after being exposed to fentanyl in a Washington hotel room, deputies said.

At 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23, Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched on reports of an unconscious baby in Everett, according to a May 25 Facebook post.

The parents told deputies that the boy “may have been exposed to cleaning chemicals they used in the hotel room,” according to the post.

Police used medical treatments for chemical exposure and that didn’t work so they administered Narcan, officials said. After the Narcan, which is used to help people overdosing on an opioid, the baby “regained consciousness.”

The baby, his twin sister, and their 11-year-old brother were sent to a hospital to be evaluated, deputies said.

Both babies tested positive for fentanyl, the post said. The children were released from the hospital.

While performing a search warrant, deputies found fentanyl and meth in the hotel room, officials said. The couple and three children had been living in the hotel.

The investigation is ongoing and officials are awaiting toxicology reports from the lab, deputies said.

Everett is about 30 miles northeast of Seattle.

Nursing student stole fentanyl and injected herself in hospital bathroom, feds say

Five mall employees found overdosing on fentanyl in a parking garage, NJ officials say

Teen dies of fentanyl poisoning from laced pill, Texas family says. ‘Worst nightmare’

18-year-old gave teen lethal dose of fentanyl while at work, Georgia police say