We were bubbling with excitement when we heard the news that the Disney Channel is working on a remake of Hocus Pocus. Re-watching the 1993 movie is one of our favorite ways to get into the Halloween spirit. The quirky Sanderson sisters — portrayed by actresses Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy — wore the most intricate witch costumes, tousled hairdos, and blood-red lipstick.
Because Halloween is right around the corner, it’s only right that we pay homage to the cult film by copying Sister Sarah’s spellbinding smoky eye. Press play on the video above to watch New York City-based makeup artist and groomer Fatimot Isadare‘s tips and tricks, including an application technique for a shiny red lip.
1. Draw Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa onto upper and lower lids. Blend with a brush.
2. Trace mark. By Avon Dusk Till Dawn Waterproof Eyeliner in Blackout on top of shadow to deepen. Smudge with a small fluffy brush to enhance the smoky effect. Pro tip: Use translucent powder to clean up any fallout.
3. Brush brow hairs up and fill in where needed. Try: Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso.
4. Use a clear brow gel, like Glossier Boy Brow, to set the color and shape.
5. Coat top and bottom lashes with black mascara. We recommend: L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara.
6. To tone down discoloration or redness in your natural lip color, use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer.
7. Outline lips with MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Brick. This helps to defined your pout.
8. Apply MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Diva with a lip brush for a lustrous finish.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: