- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Nick Kyrgios and his girlfriend were separated by police and placed into separate quarantine hotel rooms in Adelaide, South Australia, on Thursday after an argument, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
The two had returned to Australia this week after the Laver Cup, and were quarantining at a hotel when an argument broke out on Thursday. Police were called and the two were separated. The argument, per the report, was “about relationship matters."
“An investigation was conducted, no offenses were disclosed and both parties will now spend the remainder of their quarantine in separate rooms,” police said in a report, via the Sydney Morning Herald.
Kyrgios’ girlfriend, Chiara Passari, took to Instagram after the incident and started answering questions from fans. According to USA Today — Passari has since set her account to private — she posted a photo of Kyrgios in bed with another woman to her story, something she said happened earlier this year.
Passari then shared screenshots of texts she was having with Kyrgios, some of which were extremely graphic and referenced suicide.
The text exchange, from the Sydney Morning Herald:
“Here we go, 2 years ago. Don’t neck yourself tonight x,” Kyrgios responded to Passari after she queried his actions at a strip club.
“What the f***” Passari responded.
“Yeah not a war you wanna (sic) get in with words mate. Shut your mouth and leave me alone,” Kyrgios wrote.
“You’re telling me to go kill myself. It’s a joke to you?” Passari replied.
In another string of texts that she shared, via the Sydney Morning Herald, Kyrgios told her to move her things out of his home.
“I’m not sure what is wrong with you. It’s scary,” Passari wrote, per the report. “It’s like your ears are blocked to anything other than your own thoughts.”
Passari and Kyrgios, who have had numerous public spats before, will exit Australia’s mandatory quarantine next week.
Kyrgios, 26, is currently ranked No. 97 in the world. He’s won six ATP titles, most recently in 2019, and had once climbed as high as No. 13 in the world rankings. The Canberra native will take the rest of the year off while recovering from a knee injury before returning next season at the Australian Open.