Beyond wagering on traditional point spreads, gamblers these days can choose to put money down on hundreds of obscure and sometimes ridiculous events listed on sportsbooks for the Super Bowl.
Here's a look at some of the more unusual proposition bets (wagers on a very specific outcome) that are being taken on the "big game" from popular online gambling site Bovada for the Baltimore Ravens' matchup against the San Francisco 49ers in New Orleans on Sunday.
|In Pictures: Most unusual Super Bowl XLVII prop bets|
1. Will Alicia Keys forget or omit at least one word of the official U.S. National Anthem?Yes
2. Who will Barack Obama pick to win the game?Ravens
3. Will any Baltimore or San Francisco player on the active roster be arrested before Super Bowl XLVII?Yes
4. Who will be mentioned more by full name during the game?John Harbaugh
5. What will be the highest tweet per second during the Super Bowl?Over 17,000
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Baltimore Ravens
- San Francisco 49ers