Joseph Yobo completes move from Everton to Fenerbahce

Goal.com
Joseph Yobo completes move from Everton to Fenerbahce
.

View photo

Joseph Yobo completes move from Everton to Fenerbahce

Joseph Yobo has completed his permanent move to Fenerbahce from Everton for a fee of around 1.9 million pounds.

The 31-year-old defender signed a three-year contract with the Turkish giants after spending the last two seasons on loan at the club.

The Nigeria captain is also expected to earn 1.5 million pounds per year.

Yobo lost his place at the heart of David Moyes' back four after Johnny Heitinga and Sylvain Distin arrived at Goodison Park.

The former Marseille defender was expected to complete his move last week but talks broke down over additional demands made by the Toffees, regarding a bonus payment related to European appearances made by the Nigerian.

Yobo made over 250 appearances for the Merseyside club since arriving from Ligue 1 in 2002.

Follow Goal.com on Twitter to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's Facebook page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
View Comments (0)
  • City keeper Hart wants to join Torino on loan - reports

    City keeper Hart wants to join Torino on loan - reports

    Manchester City's out-of-favour goalkeeper Joe Hart is keen to join Serie A club Torino on a season-long loan deal, media reports said on Monday. England's first-choice keeper has been left out of City's opening three Premier League matches of the … More »

    Reuters - 20 minutes ago
  • Awful former Dodgers owner Frank McCourt buys French megaclub Olympique de Marseille

    Do you remember Frank McCourt? Of course you remember Frank McCourt, the Bostonian parking lot baron who was such a reviled Los Angeles Dodgers owner that Major League Baseball pushed him out. In the next eight years, he and his wife Jamie … More »

    FC Yahoo - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
  • Argentina lose Aguero and Pastore for qualifiers

    Argentina lose Aguero and Pastore for qualifiers

    Argentina suffered a blow to their 2018 World Cup qualifying plans when Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero withdrew on Monday from their squad to face Uruguay and Venezuela. Aguero and Paris St Germain midfielder Javier Pastore have pulled out … More »

    Reuters - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
  • Time is right to retire, says Ireland striker Keane

    Time is right to retire, says Ireland striker Keane

    Striker Robbie Keane said he was feeling emotional about his final appearance for Ireland on Wednesday but the time was right for him to retire from international soccer. Wednesday night will be very emotional." The 36-year-old Keane, who is also … More »

    Reuters - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
  • Former LA Dodgers owner McCourt to buy Marseille

    By John Irish PARIS (Reuters) - Frank McCourt, former owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, said on Monday he had entered exclusive negotiations to buy Olympique de Marseille and vowed to restore the club to their former glories. … More »

    Reuters - 1 hour 52 minutes ago