IN PHOTOS:

Incognito looking forward to finding a team

The Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) -- Free-agent guard Richie Incognito made his first public comments since undergoing treatment in the wake of the team's bullying scandal, saying he looks forward to landing a spot with an NFL team as soon as possible.

''I missed you guys,'' Incognito told his 93,000 Twitter followers in one of several tweets he sent Tuesday night. ''Thanks goes out to my family and friends for the tremendous amount of support.''

The tweets were the first from Incognito since Feb. 18, before he underwent unspecified treatment. A person familiar with Incognito's situation said the veteran lineman was exhausted after being ''dragged through the mud'' in recent months.

An NFL investigation determined Incognito and two other Miami Dolphins offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team in October. Incognito was then suspended and missed the final eight games, and he became a free agent last week when his contract with the Dolphins expired.

''Looking forward to getting back to work ASAP,'' Incognito tweeted Tuesday, punctuating the comment with a smiley face.

Incognito sent tweets last month that varied dramatically in tone. He went on a rant that quickly went viral, blasting Martin and his agent, then later tweeted apologies to Martin, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and Ted Wells, the attorney who investigated the bullying scandal for the NFL.

In late February, police in Scottsdale, Ariz., said Incognito told an officer he put several dents in the hood of his black Ferrari in an apparent tantrum.

''FOR SALE BLACK FERRARI FF (at)FerrariMagazine $1.00,'' Incognito tweeted Tuesday.

Incognito isn't expected to rejoin the Dolphins. Last week they traded Martin to the San Francisco 49ers.

---

AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey
View Comments (28)
  • 'A lot of pain' - Marlins cope with Fernandez's death

    'A lot of pain' - Marlins cope with Fernandez's death

    Jose Fernandez made his major league debut against the New York Mets in 2013 and was scheduled to face them again Monday night. Instead, Miami mourns and the Marlins must push on without their ace, who was killed in a boating accident early Sunday. … More »

    AP - Sports - 15 minutes ago
  • Liverpool's depth pushing players to perform - Milner

    Liverpool's depth pushing players to perform - Milner

    Liverpool's strength in depth has driven the players to push harder for first-team places in the knowledge that manager Juergen Klopp will not hesitate to drop underperformers, according to James Milner. Milner, who has been deployed in a defensive … More »

    Reuters - 17 minutes ago
  • Prescott-Wentz showdown on horizon? Well, Romo might be back

    Prescott-Wentz showdown on horizon? Well, Romo might be back

    There's just a slight problem with the scenario for that prime-time game on Prescott's new home field: It might be Tony Romo's first game of the season coming off a back injury. The Cowboys sure look like they'll be in good hands until Romo returns … More »

    AP - Sports - 23 minutes ago
  • India claim three wickets to inch closer to win

    India claim three wickets to inch closer to win

    By Amlan Chakraborty KANPUR, India (Reuters) - India stood three wickets away from a comprehensive victory against New Zealand after pace bowler Mohammed Shami's two-wicket burst reduced the tourists to 205 for seven at lunch on the final day of … More »

    Reuters - 34 minutes ago
  • Baseball world mourns boating death of Miami Marlins star Fernandez

    Baseball world mourns boating death of Miami Marlins star Fernandez

    By Zachary Fagenson MIAMI (Reuters) - Miami Marlins star Jose Fernandez, one of the most dominant pitchers in Major League Baseball and a hero to Miami's Cuban community, was killed in a boating crash early on Sunday in Florida, the U.S. Coast … More »

    Reuters - 37 minutes ago