Man’s best friend? More like woman’s lifesaver.
While Paula Godwin was on a hike with her dogs Todd and Cooper on Friday, she nearly stepped on a rattlesnake. But before the venomous reptile could bite her, one of her Golden Retriever’s intervened.
“My hero of a puppy Todd saved me,” Godwin shared on Facebook. “He jumped right in front of my leg where I surely would have got bit.”
Godwin shared several images of Todd with a swollen face after the snake sunk its teeth just below his right eye. Godwin rushed Todd to a vet for treatment. Thankfully, the brave pooch is expected to make a full recovery.
“This is what a hero looks like,” she wrote.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: