Charlize Theron has been rocking some pretty risqué Atomic Blonde premiere outfits, and she looks absolutely amazing in them! But you know what else is amazing? The tousled waves her character, Agent Lorraine Broughton, wears while kicking butt in the film.
The trick to getting this wavy hairstyle — equal parts beachy and old Hollywood — is all in how you work the flat iron. To help us get the style just right, Yahoo Beauty turned to Reece, a Mizani platform artist and educator. Pay close attention to how this pro rotates the straightener to re-create those Atomic Blonde waves. Then keep reading for details on all the styling products Reece used to master this look.
1. Prepare locks for flat ironing with a heat protectant like Mizani Thermasmooth Style and Style Again. This product also works to mattify and create curl memory.
2. Use a comb to section hair into diagonal parts for easy blending.
3. Bend and slide the flat iron, alternating directions of the straightener for each curl.
4. Lift hair and spritz Mizani Lived-In Finishing Spray into roots to add texture for a bed-head look.
5. Lightly tease ends of hair with a boar bristle brush. (Reece’s tool of choice is by Denman.)
6. Work in a dime-size amount of Mizani Lived-In Sculpting Paste with your fingertips.
7. Set style with Mizani HRM Humidity Resistant Mist and smooth flyaways with a comb.
Makeup details: Keeping the skin as natural as possible, makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon dabbed on just a little Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer underneath the eyes, for an “I woke up like this” effect.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty: