The Dan Wetzel College Football Podcast returns for its fourth season and welcomes longtime regular Clay Travis, proprietor of OutKickTheCoverage.com and insider for FoxSports1.
• How the College Football Playoff will impact the season … and seasons to come.
• Thoughts on the selection committee and the disappointment that no one with a math background or ties to a Las Vegas sports book was included.
• The exciting opening week, including high-profile games such as Texas A&M-South Carolina, Boise State-Ole Miss, Florida State-Oklahoma State and LSU-Wisconsin.
• Whether Wisconsin is a dark horse to reach the four-team playoff, and the importance for the Big Ten to start strong in non-conference play to bolster its reputation and not get left out of the postseason.
• Whether the committee will properly view Michigan State’s trip to Oregon next week (especially if the Spartans suffer a close loss).
• The state of the SEC and whether Alabama is being slightly overrated because of its name.
• The likelihood of Florida State repeating.
• Whether anyone nationally realizes that the Pac-12 has emerged as a clear top two conference in college football.
Also, four games are broken down: Ohio State [-14] vs. Navy, Alabama [-27] vs. West Virginia, Clemson [plus-7.5] at Georgia and Wisconsin [plus-4.5] vs. LSU.
As always, it’s free.
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football