Corey Feldman claims he was 'stabbed' in murder attempt, but LAPD tells different story (updated)

Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo Celebrity

Corey Feldman says he was attacked and stabbed in Los Angeles Tuesday night, though there now seem to be differing opinions.

The 46-year-old child actor turned musician shared photos from his hospital bed on Wednesday morning. He said that while he was in his car with security at a red light in L.A., three men approached the car and distracted the security guard, and one of the men stabbed him. Feldman, who is unsure what he was stabbed with, asked for prayers but said he was “OK.” His wife, Courtney, was by his side.


He tweeted that the alleged attack is being investigated as an “attempted homicide” and referenced a so-called “wolfpack” that is out to get him. Feldman, who has claimed that he knows who raped his best friend, the late Corey Haim, at the age of 11, has said he’s been the target of death threats because he’s working to expose pedophiles in Hollywood. That includes a “near-death experience” in October, when he said two trucks tried to run him over. Feldman tweeted that he sees a correlation between him speaking out sex abuse in Hollywood and Tuesday night’s alleged attack.


He later shared another update, calling it a “murder attempt.”


However, the story became murkier by late Wednesday morning. A spokesperson for the LAPD told Deadline that while someone allegedly opened the car door and made “a stabbing motion with an unknown object,” Feldman was not actually stabbed and had no lacerations. They said he drove himself to the hospital and was in good condition. The LAPD rep added that it does not have a suspect description, nor has it determined what weapon was used in the alleged attack. 

Corey Feldman speaks in support of the Child Victims Act at the New York State Capitol in Albany, N.Y., on March 14, 2018. (Photo: Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)
Corey Feldman speaks in support of the Child Victims Act at the New York State Capitol in Albany, N.Y., on March 14, 2018. (Photo: Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)

Yahoo has not yet heard back from an LAPD spokesperson. A rep for Feldman would not comment at this time but said that when there is more information, it will be provided.

The Goonies and Lost Boys actor has long been outspoken about pedophilia in Hollywood and has written about the sexual abuse he says he endured in his 2013 memoir, Coreyography. In October, as the #MeToo movement exploded, he announced an online fundraiser campaign to raise money to tell his story in a feature film — with the money he raised going to “24 hr armed security” because he feared for his life.

Feldman later named two of his alleged sexual abusers on The Dr. Oz Show. Although he went to the Los Angeles police with names, they announced that they wouldn’t prosecute. Earlier this month, he was in Albany, N.Y., urging state lawmakers to pass the Child Victims Act, which would loosen restrictions on when survivors of childhood sex abuse can file charges.

Read more from Yahoo Entertainment: 

What to Read Next