Cincinnati junior Jacob Evans has decided to remain in the 2018 NBA draft and forgo his collegiate eligibility, Evans told Yahoo Sports.
“The NBA is a lifelong dream and I am making every day count to make the most of it,” Evans said. “I’m excited about the feedback that I have received in this process so far. I can’t wait to lace up my kicks in Chicago and show all of the teams what I can do.”
Evans will participate in the draft combine in Chicago from May 16-20. He declared for the draft last month and went through a process of training and receiving feedback from NBA teams, which believe he is a top-25 selection.
A 6-foot-6 guard, Evans has intrigued NBA executives with his potential as a two-way player. He averaged 13 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.3 steals and nearly a block per game last season for the Bearcats. In a league increasingly seeking strong wing defenders and shooters, Evans could rise with a strong pre-draft process.
Evans, 20, led Cincinnati to a 31-5 record and a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament last season.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Terez Paylor: Jets rookie’s unlikely journey from bouncer to the NFL
• Jerry Jones hurt Dez Bryant, but he doesn’t think it matters
• MLS team about to make $16M mistake with WayneRooney
• Did video game obsession lead to pitcher’s injury?