Bartra: Messi argument was blown out of proportion

Goal.com
Bartra: Messi argument was blown out of proportion
.

View photo

Bartra: Messi argument was blown out of proportion
Barcelona starlet Marc Bartra has said that a reported argument between himself and teammate Lionel Messi was blown out of proportion and is now in the past.

Speculation in the Spanish media had claimed that the Argentina international criticized Bartra for going in for a tackle too heavily in training at the start of the season, but Bartra played all of that down.

"It has been blown out of all proportion," the Spain Under-21 international told Marca. "The subject has now been closed, and there's no point talking about it any further. Everything is fine and there are no problems. Nothing happened."

The 21-year-old went on to say that Messi would be his choice for this year's Ballon d'Or.

"Everyone has their own opinion. Cristiano is a good player, but over and above him there's another great player and we have him in our team [Messi]," Bartra said. "We have a number of great players actually, but I'll always believe Leo to be the best."

The young center back went on to talk about his own place in the Barca team, after making his debut for the club against Celtic in the Champions League, having been promoted from the youth team in summer.

"Every player wants to play and get time on the pitch," said Bartra. "But what's most important is to have a clear understanding of where you are, and once you know that, you know what players there are around you and what you can do well. I knew that my chance could come at any moment, and when that chance comes you need to make the most of it."

Follow GOAL.COM on Twitter

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey
Sorry you didn't like this comment. Please provide a reason below.

Are you sure?
Rating failed. Try again.
Request failed. Try again.
We will promote constructive and witty comments to the top, so everyone sees them!
Sorry, we can’t load comments right now. Try again.
    • British man dies at 2022 World Cup stadium site in Qatar

      British man dies at 2022 World Cup stadium site in Qatar

      A British man has died working on World Cup stadium building site in Qatar, where construction conditions have come under sharp scrutiny since the country was awarded the 2022 soccer tournament. World Cup organizers did not name the 40-year-old man … More »

      AP - Sports - 10 minutes ago
    • Man City paid record sum for 13-year-old Burns - report

      (Reuters) - Premier League high-flyers Manchester City paid a record 175,000 pounds ($215,000) to sign 13-year-old defender Finley Burns from third-tier Southend United last week, the Times reported on Friday. The newspaper said the overall cost of … More »

      Reuters - 16 minutes ago
    • Boro fans want more aggression at home, says Boateng

      Boro fans want more aggression at home, says Boateng

      By Claire Bloomfield LONDON (Reuters) - Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka should take more risks and set up his team to be more attacking at home in order to keep the fans happy, according to former captain George Boateng. "I've always been very … More »

      Reuters - 29 minutes ago
    • Boro fans want more aggression at home, says Boateng

      Boro fans want more aggression at home, says Boateng

      By Claire Bloomfield LONDON (Reuters) - Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka should take more risks and set up his team to be more attacking at home in order to keep the fans happy, according to former captain George Boateng. "I've always been very … More »

      Reuters - 49 minutes ago
    • East Timor expelled from Asian Cup for identity scam

      A scam to provide Brazilian players with fake birth certificates to play in World Cup qualifying matches for East Timor has led to the country's expulsion from the 2023 Asian Cup. At least 12 Brazilians players got ''falsified Timorese birth or … More »

      AP - Sports - 50 minutes ago