What's buzzing:

Ancelotti denies PSG move for Beckham

Goal.com
Villas-Boas denies Tottenham interest in Beckham
.

View photo

Villas-Boas denies Tottenham interest in Beckham
PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti has denied speculation the club is poised to complete a move to bring David Beckham to the club.

The ex-England international revealed he will seek a fresh challenge after playing his final game for LA Galaxy on Dec. 1 in the MLS Cup final against the Houston Dynamo, and he had been strongly linked with a move to the mega-rich Ligue 1 outfit. He turned down PSG after last MLS season to return to the Galaxy despite him being out of contract and PSG being interested in his services.

Former AC Milan and Chelsea coach Ancelotti told reporters he has no plans to sign the 37-year-old Beckham, though, stating, "We did not offer, good luck to him."

Bekham started his career at Manchester United, where he enjoyed a rich spell of success before moving to Spanish giant Real Madrid. He later moved to the Galaxy and spent time with Serie A giant AC Milan on loan.

PSG has slumped to two recent domestic defeats but the 53-year-old Ancelotti is hoping the club can bounce back by reaching the last 16 in the UEFA Champions League.

"We're going through a difficult period after two home losses. The players know that I'm not happy," Ancelotti said. "The important thing is to get our heads up as soon as possible, and tomorrow we have the opportunity to qualify for the last 16, which would be a very good thing. A point would be enough for us to get to the last 16, but we're going to play to win."

Ancelotti also revealed he is set to tinker with the side’s tactics and is expecting his players to put in an improved performance when they face Dynamo Kiev.

"Certain things will change, particularly in the tactics department. The players have to take their responsibility and I have confidence in them," Ancelotti said. "We have done good things not that long ago, and there's no reason why that won't continue. I speak to my players regularly, and I'm expecting a reaction against Kiev. I think that we will have a good match. Everyone has to take their responsibilities. I will take mine and the players have to do the same."

Follow GOAL.COM on Twitter

View Comments (0)
  • Man City sign goalkeeper Bravo from Barcelona

    Man City sign goalkeeper Bravo from Barcelona

    Manchester City have signed Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo from Barcelona for an initial 18 million euros ($20.3 million), the clubs confirmed on Thursday. The 33-year-old agreed a four-year contract to join City as new manager Pep Guardiola … More »

    Reuters - 3 minutes 56 seconds ago
  • City acquires goalie Bravo from Barcelona on 4-year deal

    Manchester City has completed the signing of goalkeeper Claudio Bravo from Barcelona for 13.75 million pounds ($18.2 million) in a move that could spell the end of Joe Hart's decade-long career at the English club. City announced the arrival of … More »

    AP - Sports - 7 minutes ago
  • Inter still recovering from turbulent close season

    Inter still recovering from turbulent close season

    Instead of building on last season's progress under Roberto Mancini when they finished fourth, Inter endured a turbulent summer during which the club changed hands and Mancini departed by mutual consent two weeks before the kickoff. The words … More »

    Reuters - 9 minutes ago
  • Ostersund awarded 3-0 victory after attack on goalkeeper

    Ostersund awarded 3-0 victory after attack on goalkeeper

    Ostersund have been awarded a 3-0 win by the disciplinary committee of the Swedish FA after their game at Jonkoping Sodra was abandoned when their goalkeeper Aly Keita was attacked by a supporter who ran on to the pitch. With the scores level at … More »

    Reuters - 20 minutes ago
  • Everton have no interest in City goalkeeper Hart - Koeman

    Everton have no interest in City goalkeeper Hart - Koeman

    (Reuters) - Everton manager Ronald Koeman has dismissed reports suggesting that Manchester City's Joe Hart was nearing a move to Goodison Park, saying his club had never registered an interest in the England goalkeeper. Hart made his first start of … More »

    Reuters - 31 minutes ago