When she said that she would always “adore” and “love” her ex, it’s clear that the Unqualified author was talking about platonic love. Because, according to multiple reports, the Mom star has moved on and is dating Michael Barrett.
“Anna has been hanging out with Michael for weeks,” a source tells People. “They were hanging out occasionally in September but started seeing each other more frequently recently.”
So who is the new man in Faris’s life? Here are five things to know about Barrett and the couple’s reported new romance.
1. He’s a cinematographer. Barrett’s credits include the Seth MacFarlane Ted films and A Million Ways to Die in the West. He’s also credited on the pilot of Supergirl, episodes of CSI and CSI: Miami, and — oh, yeah — the upcoming reboot of Overboard … starring Faris.
2. Faris and Barrett met at work. The couple met on set while working on Overboard; however, reports claim that nothing romantic happened until recently. TMZ says there were “no signs of a romance during production earlier this year.” People also reports that they have only been spending time together since September, which is when they were first photographed together in Malibu at a carnival. FYI: Faris’s 5-year-old son, Jack Pratt, was with them for the outing, though, so she must be serious enough about him to introduce him to her kid. Faris and Pratt announced their separation in August after eight years of marriage. They too met on set, while working on the film Take Me Home Tonight in 2007.
3. Barrett is a little bit older. He is 47 and Faris is 40. Both of the actress’s ex-husbands, Pratt and Ben Indra, are 38.
4. He’s a California boy. According to Barrett’s IMDb page, he was born not too far from Los Angeles in Riverside, Calif.
5. He makes her laugh. Faris and Barrett have been spotted on multiple dates over the past month, and the running theme seems to be that they always look like they are having a really good time. While on a date at Italian eatery Modo Mio, witnesses tell E!, they sat on the patio and shared a bottle of red wine. “They were laughing at the table. She looked very happy and had a smile on her face when she was leaving,” a source said.
Clearly Faris enjoyed the the food and company. They were spotted at the same restaurant the following day looking quite happy. “It seemed romantic in the way they were looking at one another and how they were laughing at the table. … No one in the restaurant realized it was her, but she definitely looked to be on a date,” a source claimed to E!.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: