The stock markets in India are close to their 52-week high and have almost doubled from the lows in March 2020. The markets plunged after a national lockdown was imposed last year, however, the recovery has been remarkable.
NIFTY50 has generated returns of 50%, while Sensex 48% in the last year.
However, there are some companies which have generated more than 10 times the returns of the index. These companies have generated returns in excess of 500% in the last one year.
All these companies belong to the mid and small category / cap stocks, except Adani Total Gas, which is from the large cap category.
Let’s find out which are these companies.
1. Orchid Pharma: Established in 1992 as an export-oriented unit (EOU), Orchid Pharma Ltd. (Orchid) is a vertically integrated company spanning the entire pharmaceutical value chain from discovery to delivery with established credentials in research, manufacturing and marketing. It’s price has risen from Rs 5 to over Rs 900, essentially becoming 167 times in a year.
2. Rattanindia Enterprises: The Company is engaged in setting up its power project in India for the generation of thermal power. It is venturing into the electric vehicle space by acquiring a substantial strategic stake in two-wheeler maker Revolt Intellicorp. Its share price has become 15 times of what it was in July 2020.
3. Tanla Platforms: Previously known as Tanla Solutions Ltd, it is a company providing value-added services in the cloud communications space.It has generated a return of 1,000% in the last one year.
4. Tips Industries: It is an Indian music record label and film production, film promotion, and film distribution company. It generated a return of 964% last year.
5. National Standard: The Company is presently engaged in the business of Real Estate Development. It is part of the Lodha group of companies. Its share price has gone up by almost 1,000% in the last year.
6. CG Power & Industrial Solutions: Previously known as Crompton Greaves Limited, is an Indian multinational company engaged in design, manufacturing, and marketing of products related to power generation, transmission, and distribution. It has generated a return of close to 800%.
7. Dhanvarsha Finvest: It is an NBFC which provides credit solutions to India's large underserved and underbanked MSME segment. It generated a return of 600% last year.
8. Intellect Design Arena: It is a global leader in Financial Technology for Banking, Insurance and other Financial Services. Intellect addresses the needs of financial institutions in varying stages of technology adoption. It generated a return of 550% last year.
9. Adani Total Gas: Part of Adani group, the company develops a network for city gas distribution to supply piped natural gas to the industrial, commercial and domestic sectors. It has a market cap of more than Rs 1 lakh crore.
10. Greenpanel Industries: It is India's largest manufacturer of wood panels with state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in Uttarakhand and Andhra Pradesh making Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF), Plywood, Veneers, Wooden Floors and Doors. It generated a return of 500% last year.
Top 10 returns-generating stocks
Note: Stocks with more than Rs 1,000 market cap have been considered.
If you own any of these stocks you would have made a killing. Since these stocks have already shot up significantly it is not advisable to enter at this time.
Three stocks on the list were penny stocks, less than Rs 10 per share, and have become multi-baggers. These stocks have their own dynamics and do not necessarily move up or down due to fundamental reasons.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment recommendation and readers are expected to do their own research before investing.