The game was a tale of two halves for Providence (10-8, 2-4 Big East). The Friars trailed 31-24 at halftime, but outscored Villanova (11-7, 2-3) 45-35 in the second half.
JayVaughn Pinkston paced the Wildcats from the start, scoring 10 of Villanova’s first 13 points. The Wildcats went on a 15-2 run over a 4-minute span late in the first half.
Villanova found itself in foul trouble with 14 fouls in the first half, putting the Friars in the bonus at 10:33. But Providence could not capitalize at first, making just five of its first 14 free-throw attempts and 11 of 20 in the half. Furthermore, the Wildcats finished the half with seven players with two fouls, avoiding any major foul trouble and ending the half with the lead.
- EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor shred Steelers, adding intrigue to Bills QB battle
- Lewisberry, Pa. wins U.S. Championship, advances to LLWS final
- Expert Fantasy Football advice from National Draft Day 2015
- Soak in the sights and sounds of Rutgers' dance-off (Video)
- Jonny Gomes fully embraces first career relief appearance against Yankees
- Kevin Sumlin accidentally tweets joke about Steve Sarkisian (Photo)
- Canadiens legend Henri Richard suffering from Alzheimer's: Report
- Tropicana Field catwalks strike again, leave Kevin Kiermaier hanging on wall
- Jets center Nick Mangold helps police arrest five car burglars
- Falcons, Julio Jones reportedly agree to massive five-year extension
- Hat trick! Edwin Encarnacion hits three homers, drives in nine in Jays win
- Arkansas punter Blake Johnson arrested for public intoxication
- Little Leaguer hits FG at Penn State practice, wins bet with James Franklin (Video)
- Michael Jordan's 'Tune Squad' uniform from 'Space Jam' is going up for auction
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema admits he hates Auburn
- It's National Draft Day on Yahoo Sports, get fantasy football advice from our experts