D’Angelo Harrison added 15 points and Sir’Dominic Pointer had 14 for the Red Storm (11-7, 3-3 Big East), who have won seven straight against DePaul.
Jamee Crockett scored 19 points for DePaul (10-8, 1-4), which has lost three in a row and five of its last six. St. John’s last game was a 67-63 upset of No. 20 Notre Dame on Tuesday.
St. John’s gained control early in the second half. DePaul took the lead at 39-37 but the Red Storm responded with a 10-0 run. JaKarr Sampson later scored after a steal to give St. John’s a 56-46 lead with 10:31 remaining.
Moses Morgan hit a 3-pointer to cut St. John’s lead to 65-62 with 2:25 left, but Harrison made five free throws in the final 2:04 for the Red Storm.
- Texas governor compares 'porous' Cowboys defense to state's border
- NFL Winners and Losers: Overrated Arizona Cardinals back to earth
- Cam Newton expected to do too much with too little in Panthers' offense
- DeMarco Murray doesn't think Chip Kelly is giving him enough touches
- How the West was won: Rangers clinch division, Astros claim wild card
- How bad are Bucs? Panthers DB says he planned celebration before pick-6 of Jameis Winston
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds
- A Packers player told Colin Kaepernick what everybody already knew
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Drew Brees wins game with 400th career touchdown
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- San Diego chooses not to retain interim manager Pat Murphy
- LeBron James hopes to soon end the Tristan Thompson contract 'distraction'
- Andrew Shaw attempts Chicago Bears field goal, launches shoe (Video)
- Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin dominate as Rams upset Cardinals