D’Angelo Harrison added 15 points and Sir’Dominic Pointer had 14 for the Red Storm (11-7, 3-3 Big East), who have won seven straight against DePaul.
Jamee Crockett scored 19 points for DePaul (10-8, 1-4), which has lost three in a row and five of its last six. St. John’s last game was a 67-63 upset of No. 20 Notre Dame on Tuesday.
St. John’s gained control early in the second half. DePaul took the lead at 39-37 but the Red Storm responded with a 10-0 run. JaKarr Sampson later scored after a steal to give St. John’s a 56-46 lead with 10:31 remaining.
Moses Morgan hit a 3-pointer to cut St. John’s lead to 65-62 with 2:25 left, but Harrison made five free throws in the final 2:04 for the Red Storm.
- Warriors outlast Jazz in tough win, move to 19-0
- Browns find a new low, lose on a blocked field goal for a touchdown
- As Kobe returns home, his old coach urges Philadelphia to give him proper sendoff
- KD decries media criticism of Kobe: 'They never got players and how we work'
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Hot Stove Digest: Jim Johnson returns to Braves on a one-year deal
- Question for the committee: Does Clemson deserve to make playoff even if it loses?
- Forde-Yard Dash: Everything you need to know ahead of championship weekend
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Three losses to unranked foes raise familiar questions about LSU
- Toronto's Garret Sparks gets emotional after shutout in NHL debut (Video)
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite