D’Angelo Harrison added 15 points and Sir’Dominic Pointer had 14 for the Red Storm (11-7, 3-3 Big East), who have won seven straight against DePaul.
Jamee Crockett scored 19 points for DePaul (10-8, 1-4), which has lost three in a row and five of its last six. St. John’s last game was a 67-63 upset of No. 20 Notre Dame on Tuesday.
St. John’s gained control early in the second half. DePaul took the lead at 39-37 but the Red Storm responded with a 10-0 run. JaKarr Sampson later scored after a steal to give St. John’s a 56-46 lead with 10:31 remaining.
Moses Morgan hit a 3-pointer to cut St. John’s lead to 65-62 with 2:25 left, but Harrison made five free throws in the final 2:04 for the Red Storm.
- Canadiens agree to 6-year contract to D Petry
- Padres reinstate Alonso from 15-day DL
- Zico considering FIFA presidency bid
- Cam Newton's contract includes largest payout for first three years ever
- Adrian Peterson feels the love upon his return to Minnesota Vikings
- Who will replace Sepp Blatter as FIFA president?
- With Sepp Blatter out, FIFA should start by stripping Qatar of 2022 World Cup
- Sepp Blatter says he will resign as FIFA president
- Australia, New Zealand welcome Blatter resignation
- The men who might be after FIFA's top job
- Stanley Cup Media Day notebook: Bowman not worried about cap crunch; Richards back in Tampa; Blackhawks remember Reif, Montador
- Defendant in Jameis Winston countersuit moves to dismiss
- John Calipari could be coaching LeBron James in the NBA Finals; does he have any regrets?
- Roger Goodell confirms he will not recuse himself from Brady appeal
- Jonathan Toews better player than Steve Yzerman, says Steve Yzerman
- BDL's 2014-15 NBA Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers