Aaron Cosby led Seton Hall (12-2) with 24 points.
Jamee Crockett of DePaul missed a wide open 3-pointer with four seconds left to seal Seton Hall’s win in the Big East conference opener for both teams. A turnover gave Seton Hall the ball with 26 seconds remaining as they trailed DePaul, 72-71.
DePaul (9-5, 0-1) chipped away at Seton Hall’s 40-32 halftime lead. DePaul guard Durrell McDonald made a 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to tie the game at 52 with 9:42 remaining.
Less than a minute later the Blue Demons took the lead on Brandon Young’s three-point play. From then on, the teams traded baskets as neither squad led by more than five points the rest of the game.
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite
- USC calls all-too-familiar play in naming Clay Helton its head coach
- Singer Marc Anthony is basically Aroldis Chapman's new agent
- Johnny Cueto turned down six-year, $120 million offer from Arizona
- Carey Price out 6 weeks with injury; Mike Condon to play in Winter Classic?
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Why Kobe Bryant decided it was time to retire
- Winners and losers from the Thanksgiving week tournaments
- MLB players get record postseason payout of $69 million
- How Holly Holm's upset win over Ronda Rousey has affected her teammates
- Rick Carlisle on the Rajon Rondo trade: 'It's a deal we should have shied away from'
- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar named finalists for FIFA Ballon d'Or award
- Rob Gronkowski suffered knee bruise, no ligament tear; week to week