Aaron Cosby led Seton Hall (12-2) with 24 points.
Jamee Crockett of DePaul missed a wide open 3-pointer with four seconds left to seal Seton Hall’s win in the Big East conference opener for both teams. A turnover gave Seton Hall the ball with 26 seconds remaining as they trailed DePaul, 72-71.
DePaul (9-5, 0-1) chipped away at Seton Hall’s 40-32 halftime lead. DePaul guard Durrell McDonald made a 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to tie the game at 52 with 9:42 remaining.
Less than a minute later the Blue Demons took the lead on Brandon Young’s three-point play. From then on, the teams traded baskets as neither squad led by more than five points the rest of the game.
- Red Sox rock Sale, win 8-2 to snap White Sox streak
- Tony Romo, Cowboys will be unable to dodge Super Bowl expectations talk
- Jon Richter, son of Rams great Les Richter, defends Hall of Fame policy amid Junior Seau controversy
- Patriots ignore anything deflate-gate, even giant banner above that mocked Tom Brady
- With money and cutting-edge brilliance, Dodgers playing a game others can’t
- Packers not backing down from Super Bowl talk despite so-so start to camp
- Urban Meyer says QB Braxton Miller will start fall camp as a WR
- Five mistakes even good fantasy football owners make
- Astros acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers
- Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest
- Why Ohio State's suspensions aren't a trouble sign for the defending champs
- Giants co-owner in dark on JPP: 'I don't know how many fingers he has'
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Sacramento Kings
- Ronda Rousey returns to where her growing legend began
- The pressure is on Blue Jays after David Price trade
- Sources: Jays agree to trade for ace David Price