Aaron Cosby led Seton Hall (12-2) with 24 points.
Jamee Crockett of DePaul missed a wide open 3-pointer with four seconds left to seal Seton Hall’s win in the Big East conference opener for both teams. A turnover gave Seton Hall the ball with 26 seconds remaining as they trailed DePaul, 72-71.
DePaul (9-5, 0-1) chipped away at Seton Hall’s 40-32 halftime lead. DePaul guard Durrell McDonald made a 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to tie the game at 52 with 9:42 remaining.
Less than a minute later the Blue Demons took the lead on Brandon Young’s three-point play. From then on, the teams traded baskets as neither squad led by more than five points the rest of the game.
- Lind's RBI single in 11th lifts Brewers over Phillies 8-7
- Ryne Sandberg, Jerry Dipoto and the uncomfortable nature of quitting
- Cardinals fire scouting director as drama thickens in MLB hacking scandal
- Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery, hits homer, wins at life
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended for failed PED test
- Slava Voynov pleads no contest to misdemeanor 'corporal injury to a spouse'
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended for substance abuse
- Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended four games
- Kenyon Martin: I'm retiring from professional basketball
- Dwyane Wade will return to the Miami Heat on a one-year contract
- Sources: Lakers get second meeting to pitch LaMarcus Aldridge; Heat also pursuing meeting
- Missouri high school will start girl at QB
- Sources: Suns clear cap room for LaMarcus Aldridge pursuit by trading three players
- The second coming? Vlad Guerrero Jr. signs with Blue Jays
- Sources: Ed Davis agrees to $20 million deal with Trail Blazers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker