Marquette holds off NC Central 75-66By MARK KASS, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Todd Mayo added 12 points for Marquette (9-3), which opens Big East play Tuesday at home against Connecticut.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 for North Carolina Central (6-7).
NC Central went on a 10-2 run to cut Marquette’s lead to 54-53 when Ingram hit a 3-pointer with 11:03 remaining. Ingram’s driving layup with 6:27 left tied the score at 60-60.
Marquette scored the next seven points, including four by Cadougan, to grab a 67-60 lead with 3:08 remaining.
Ray Willis’ 3-pointer trimmed the lead to 67-63, but Cadougan hit two free throws with 2:26 left and Blue hit a 3-pointer from the corner to push the lead to 72-63 with 1:30 remaining and put the game away.
- UConn's Tommy Myers makes juggling catch for touchdown (GIF)
- Did Brady ruling affect stock prices too?
- A Natural, indeed: Robert Redford reflects on playing ball in 'The Natural'
- Jonathan Toews on Patrick Kane situation: 'You stay together as a team'
- The arrogance of Roger Goodell
- Former Jets player doesn't expect Rex Ryan to change in Buffalo
- Peter Quillin determined not to be a cautionary tale
- Pass or Fail: New York Islanders leaked black and white alternate jersey
- What's in an MLB player's locker? Hunter Pence's girlfriend investigates
- Slava Voynov taken into custody by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- ESPN suspends Curt Schilling for the rest of the MLB season
- Henrik Zetterberg says it was time for Mike Babcock to go
- Rory McIlroy on his annoying Omega watch ad: I 'turn it off'