Marquette holds off NC Central 75-66By MARK KASS, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Todd Mayo added 12 points for Marquette (9-3), which opens Big East play Tuesday at home against Connecticut.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 for North Carolina Central (6-7).
NC Central went on a 10-2 run to cut Marquette’s lead to 54-53 when Ingram hit a 3-pointer with 11:03 remaining. Ingram’s driving layup with 6:27 left tied the score at 60-60.
Marquette scored the next seven points, including four by Cadougan, to grab a 67-60 lead with 3:08 remaining.
Ray Willis’ 3-pointer trimmed the lead to 67-63, but Cadougan hit two free throws with 2:26 left and Blue hit a 3-pointer from the corner to push the lead to 72-63 with 1:30 remaining and put the game away.
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season
- Reports: Rob Gronkowski's injury not believed to be serious
- Oklahoma moves to No. 3 in AP poll
- Ben Roethlisberger in concussion protocol as Steelers botch game late
- How Nick Saban's dominance impacted coaching futures of Mark Richt, Les Miles
- Texans' J.J. Watt, reaching 70-mark, on insane sack pace at age 26
- Anthony Rizzo forms strong bond with teen battling cancer
- Perfection denied, as Broncos beat Patriots in an overtime thriller
- NFL Winners and Losers: Is Matt Ryan still a franchise quarterback?
- MLB’s market has changed and Jordan Zimmermann’s contract is proof
- Magic Johnson on Kobe: 'Closest thing we've seen to Michael Jordan'
- After 1-5 start, the Chiefs are now in the driver's seat for a wild card
- NBA stars past and present react to Kobe Bryant's retirement
- Vikings don't forget to feed Adrian Peterson, and — stunner — he dominates