Marquette holds off NC Central 75-66By MARK KASS, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Todd Mayo added 12 points for Marquette (9-3), which opens Big East play Tuesday at home against Connecticut.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 for North Carolina Central (6-7).
NC Central went on a 10-2 run to cut Marquette’s lead to 54-53 when Ingram hit a 3-pointer with 11:03 remaining. Ingram’s driving layup with 6:27 left tied the score at 60-60.
Marquette scored the next seven points, including four by Cadougan, to grab a 67-60 lead with 3:08 remaining.
Ray Willis’ 3-pointer trimmed the lead to 67-63, but Cadougan hit two free throws with 2:26 left and Blue hit a 3-pointer from the corner to push the lead to 72-63 with 1:30 remaining and put the game away.
- Report says Andrew Luck will not start for the Colts on Thursday night
- Blatter, Platini suspensions bring uncertainty to FIFA presidential election
- Report: Maryland likely to fire coach Randy Edsall
- How Jake Arrieta guaranteed the Cubs' wild-card victory three weeks ago
- Sean Rodriguez attacks Gatorade jug in Pirates dugout, becomes glorious meme
- Patrick Kane one whistle away from awkwardly being banner night hero (Video)
- Déjà Oof: Pirates drop consecutive wild-card games in similar fashion
- Cubs fans gather at Wrigley Field to celebrate wild-card victory
- Bryant assistant becomes Division I's first openly gay basketball coach
- Jerry Jones doubles down on Greg Hardy's dumb 'guns blazing' comments
- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
- NL wild card: Jake Arrieta shuts out Pirates as Cubs advance to the NLDS
- Thabo Sefolosha and Pero Antic testify in NYPD case
- Benches empty during NL wild-card game after Jake Arrieta hit by pitch
- Sources: NBA to likely investigate Derek Fisher-Matt Barnes confrontation
- Chandler Parsons believes in himself, and the Mavericks, even without DeAndre Jordan