Marquette holds off NC Central 75-66By MARK KASS, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Todd Mayo added 12 points for Marquette (9-3), which opens Big East play Tuesday at home against Connecticut.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 for North Carolina Central (6-7).
NC Central went on a 10-2 run to cut Marquette’s lead to 54-53 when Ingram hit a 3-pointer with 11:03 remaining. Ingram’s driving layup with 6:27 left tied the score at 60-60.
Marquette scored the next seven points, including four by Cadougan, to grab a 67-60 lead with 3:08 remaining.
Ray Willis’ 3-pointer trimmed the lead to 67-63, but Cadougan hit two free throws with 2:26 left and Blue hit a 3-pointer from the corner to push the lead to 72-63 with 1:30 remaining and put the game away.
- Serena escapes as women's seeds continue to fall
- Chicago Bulls fire head coach Tom Thibodeau
- Rory McIlroy struggles to 80 in Irish Open first round
- Why the Warriors' dreadful past makes their trip to the NBA Finals that much more special
- Riley Curry returns to Steph's press conference, sings Big Sean, is cute
- Jon Lester sets record for futility at the plate by starting career 0-for-58
- Sources: Scott Skiles progressing toward deal to become Magic coach
- Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks force Game 7 with powerful performance
- Stanley Cup Final schedule released; Game 7 set for June 17
- Watch Lightning turn ice into life-sized NES ‘Blades of Steel’ game (Video)
- Los Angeles NFL team update: St. Louis officials sue over stadium, San Diego negotiates with Chargers
- Five things we loved about Juan Uribe's first day with the Braves
- Klay Thompson must complete concussion protocol to be cleared for NBA Finals
- Duncan Keith's virtuoso performance propels Blackhawks to Game 7 showdown vs. Ducks
- Warriors clinch 1st Finals in 40 years with rugged Game 5 win over Rockets
- Jack Nicklaus used the same 3-wood for all 18 major wins