Marquette holds off NC Central 75-66By MARK KASS, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Todd Mayo added 12 points for Marquette (9-3), which opens Big East play Tuesday at home against Connecticut.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 for North Carolina Central (6-7).
NC Central went on a 10-2 run to cut Marquette’s lead to 54-53 when Ingram hit a 3-pointer with 11:03 remaining. Ingram’s driving layup with 6:27 left tied the score at 60-60.
Marquette scored the next seven points, including four by Cadougan, to grab a 67-60 lead with 3:08 remaining.
Ray Willis’ 3-pointer trimmed the lead to 67-63, but Cadougan hit two free throws with 2:26 left and Blue hit a 3-pointer from the corner to push the lead to 72-63 with 1:30 remaining and put the game away.
- Orioles get LF Parra from Brewers for minor league pitcher
- 164 skydivers set head-down world record in Illinois
- Online viewers won't miss Super Bowl ads shown on TV
- Report: Russell Wilson will become NFL’s second-highest-paid QB
- Beijing will host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Giants get perfect fit in trade for Reds starter Mike Leake
- Tony Romo, Cowboys will be unable to dodge Super Bowl expectations talk
- Toronto FC-Revolution Preview
- What's new in NFL? Plenty
- Wilson, Seahawks agree to terms on contract extension
- Hawks' Mike Scott faces felony charges after arrest on pot, MDMA possession
- BLS Roundtable: Which team must make a deal on trade-deadline day?
- Fantasy Football Ranks: Preseason '15
- Houston aiming for World Series with trade for Carlos Gomez
- Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest