ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Cully Payne scored 24 points to lead Loyola of Chicago to a 69-61 victory over crosstown rival DePaul on Saturday.
Christian Thomas added 12 points and 10 rebounds for Loyola (9-3) in the Ramblers’ first victory over DePaul since 1989, and only the second for Loyola on DePaul’s home court in 21 meetings.
The Ramblers, who had lost 11 straight to DePaul in the series, won their third straight game and seventh in the last eight, while stopping DePaul’s seven-game winning streak. The Blue Demons dropped to 9-4.
After forcing seven ties in the first half, the Ramblers took the lead for the first time on Payne’s 3-point shot with 17:15 left. After a pair of lead changes, the Ramblers went on a 12-1 run highlighted by 3-pointers by Payne and Jordan Hicks.
Brandon Young led DePaul with 18 points. Worrell Clahar added 10 for the Blue Demons.
- Wayne Selden's resurgence sparks Kansas to Maui title
- Hornets score 25 straight, hold Wizards to 6 fourth-quarter points in big win
- Family of Frank Gifford announces Hall of Famer had CTE
- Sidney Crosby feels stupid humoring Mario Lemieux feud rumor
- FSU official details number of rape allegations against football players
- Heisman watch: Who can make the best impression down the stretch?
- NFL Awards Watch: Cam Newton-Tom Brady MVP race isn't close yet
- Bowl projections, pre-Week 13 edition
- Bucks coach Jason Kidd ejected for slapping ball out of ref's hands
- Mike Pettine doesn't close door on Johnny Manziel being in Browns future
- The NCAA finally frees prized Kansas freshman Cheick Diallo
- Cubs release new renderings of plaza under construction outside Wrigley Field