Gardner leads Marquette past LSU for 84-80 victoryBy DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
Gardner made all nine free-throw attempts, including six in the final 36 seconds. Jamil Wilson added 11 points for Marquette (8-3), which overcame a 49-47 loss at Green Bay on Wednesday by winning its 15th straight home game.
Andre Stringer finished with a season-high 20 points for LSU (7-2). The Tigers, in a stretch of 17 days between home games, got 18 points from Anthony Hickey.
After two Gardner free throws gave Marquette an 80-76 lead with 35.2 seconds remaining, Charles Carmouche lost his dribble off his foot with Trent Lockett guarding him. Gardner picked the ball up, was fouled and sank two free throws for an 82-76 lead. He added two more for an 84-78 lead with 9.6 seconds left.
- Lance Lynn carves up Giants, injures ankle in Cardinals win
- NFL Preseason Blitz: Tim Tebow tries his new role for red-hot Eagles
- More preseason injuries: Three Packers injured, including Randall Cobb
- Sources: John Daly taken to hospital for evaluation
- Vin Scully returning for 67th and likely final season with Dodgers
- EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor shred Steelers, adding intrigue to Bills QB battle
- Lewisberry, Pa. wins U.S. Championship, advances to LLWS final
- Expert Fantasy Football advice from National Draft Day 2015
- The fight that boxing is supposed to be about
- Fan dies after falling from upper deck at Turner Field
- Mets acquire former D-Backs closer Addison Reed to solidify bullpen
- Steve Smith ejected for fighting, then watches rest of game with oldest son
- Montana shocks North Dakota State 38-35 on late TD
- Jets center Nick Mangold helps police arrest five car burglars
- Falcons, Julio Jones reportedly agree to massive five-year extension
- Hat trick! Edwin Encarnacion hits three homers, drives in nine in Jays win