Gardner leads Marquette past LSU for 84-80 victoryBy DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
Gardner made all nine free-throw attempts, including six in the final 36 seconds. Jamil Wilson added 11 points for Marquette (8-3), which overcame a 49-47 loss at Green Bay on Wednesday by winning its 15th straight home game.
Andre Stringer finished with a season-high 20 points for LSU (7-2). The Tigers, in a stretch of 17 days between home games, got 18 points from Anthony Hickey.
After two Gardner free throws gave Marquette an 80-76 lead with 35.2 seconds remaining, Charles Carmouche lost his dribble off his foot with Trent Lockett guarding him. Gardner picked the ball up, was fouled and sank two free throws for an 82-76 lead. He added two more for an 84-78 lead with 9.6 seconds left.
- Bumgarner pitches Giants past Padres for fourth straight win
- The story of how Stephen Curry's agent and dad didn't want the Warriors to draft him
- Manny Pacquiao's injury debacle leaves bad taste, potential for legal repercussions
- Mike Tyson shoves fan for getting a little too handsy with him
- Mayweather-Pacquiao mockingly immortalized with hilarious Punch-Out parody
- Ray Shero named NJ Devils GM, as Lou Lamoriello gives up role
- Warriors' Stephen Curry named 2014-15 NBA MVP
- Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer commanded Seahawks' attention without a workout
- Bulls take fight to Cavs, take Game 1 on the road behind Rose, Gasol, Butler
- Karl-Anthony Towns plans to earn Kentucky degree online while in NBA
- Hanley Ramirez leaves Monday's game after crashing into left field wall
- Ex-Kentucky center changes name to Willie 'Trill' Cauley-Stein
- The Brooklyn Nets? Gone till 2019.
- Who's next for Floyd Mayweather in his final fight?
- 2015 NFL draft grades: Is your team at the head of the class?
- Brewers hire Craig Counsell as manager after firing Ron Roenicke