Gardner leads Marquette past LSU for 84-80 victoryBy DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
Gardner made all nine free-throw attempts, including six in the final 36 seconds. Jamil Wilson added 11 points for Marquette (8-3), which overcame a 49-47 loss at Green Bay on Wednesday by winning its 15th straight home game.
Andre Stringer finished with a season-high 20 points for LSU (7-2). The Tigers, in a stretch of 17 days between home games, got 18 points from Anthony Hickey.
After two Gardner free throws gave Marquette an 80-76 lead with 35.2 seconds remaining, Charles Carmouche lost his dribble off his foot with Trent Lockett guarding him. Gardner picked the ball up, was fouled and sank two free throws for an 82-76 lead. He added two more for an 84-78 lead with 9.6 seconds left.
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones downgrades Brandon Weeden to 'limited'
- Matt Williams fired as Washington Nationals manager
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's loss could spell very bad news for the Hornets
- Former UFC title-holder Jon Jones briefly breaks social media silence
- Chicago Blackhawks' Stanley Cup rings feature 355 diamonds (Photos)
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Stephen A. Smith responds to Kevin Durant: 'You don’t want to make an enemy out of me'
- Bernard Hopkins eyeing final fight
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds