Gardner leads Marquette past LSU for 84-80 victoryBy DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
Gardner made all nine free-throw attempts, including six in the final 36 seconds. Jamil Wilson added 11 points for Marquette (8-3), which overcame a 49-47 loss at Green Bay on Wednesday by winning its 15th straight home game.
Andre Stringer finished with a season-high 20 points for LSU (7-2). The Tigers, in a stretch of 17 days between home games, got 18 points from Anthony Hickey.
After two Gardner free throws gave Marquette an 80-76 lead with 35.2 seconds remaining, Charles Carmouche lost his dribble off his foot with Trent Lockett guarding him. Gardner picked the ball up, was fouled and sank two free throws for an 82-76 lead. He added two more for an 84-78 lead with 9.6 seconds left.
- Heat focused on forging a legacy after LeBron
- Connor McDavid healing thyself faster than Oilers expected
- Packers fall to Bears as Green Bay honors Brett Favre
- Jahlil Okafor's apparent street fight is more proof of 76ers' flawed rebuilding plan
- Chip Kelly's season still going downhill, and the biggest problem is familiar
- Week 12 Start/Sit: Down with Browns' McCown
- Week 12: Deep Sleepers and DFS Bargains
- LeBron James, after his Cavs fell to an embarrassing 11-4 mark: 'We got to get better'
- NFL against the spread picks: Denver Broncos for the upset
- Ohio governor asks residents to not wear khakis on Saturday
- Report: Tony Romo out for the rest of the season
- Tom Brady thankful he can dress as a giant turkey, frighten his kids
- Texas Tech uses fake kneel down to score game-winning TD (Video)
- Spieth gets into contention at the Australian Open, trails Jones by 4
- Bowl projections, pre-Week 13 edition