Gardner leads Marquette past LSU for 84-80 victoryBy DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
Gardner made all nine free-throw attempts, including six in the final 36 seconds. Jamil Wilson added 11 points for Marquette (8-3), which overcame a 49-47 loss at Green Bay on Wednesday by winning its 15th straight home game.
Andre Stringer finished with a season-high 20 points for LSU (7-2). The Tigers, in a stretch of 17 days between home games, got 18 points from Anthony Hickey.
After two Gardner free throws gave Marquette an 80-76 lead with 35.2 seconds remaining, Charles Carmouche lost his dribble off his foot with Trent Lockett guarding him. Gardner picked the ball up, was fouled and sank two free throws for an 82-76 lead. He added two more for an 84-78 lead with 9.6 seconds left.
- Factbox: Soccer officials arrested in Switzerland
- Team Brunel wins transatlantic leg of Volvo Ocean Race
- Swiss justice office says has blocked bank accounts in FIFA probe
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich; World Cup votes probed
- Sad Hollywood ending for Juan Uribe as Dodgers-Braves trade nears finalization
- Lightning flunked their Stanley Cup test in Game 6
- NY Rangers rout Lightning, chase Bishop in Game 6 to avoid elimination
- Colin Kaepernick has social media faux pas, jokes about Houston flooding
- THE LATEST: FBI, IRS raid soccer headquarters in Miami Beach
- FIFA says Blatter to seek fifth term despite arrests
- Swiss arrest top global soccer officials in U.S., Swiss corruption cases
- Revived: Dodgers/Braves six-player deal reportedly agreed to Tuesday
- LeBron James' long trip home to lead the Cavaliers back to the NBA Finals
- Cavs finish sweep of Hawks with ease, land 1st Finals berth since 2007
- Justin Verlander looks dominant in simulated game
- Dwight Howard won't be suspended for Warriors-Rockets Game 5