Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season
- Reports: Rob Gronkowski's injury not believed to be serious
- Oklahoma moves to No. 3 in AP poll
- Ben Roethlisberger in concussion protocol as Steelers botch game late
- How Nick Saban's dominance impacted coaching futures of Mark Richt, Les Miles
- Texans' J.J. Watt, reaching 70-mark, on insane sack pace at age 26
- Anthony Rizzo forms strong bond with teen battling cancer
- Perfection denied, as Broncos beat Patriots in an overtime thriller
- NFL Winners and Losers: Is Matt Ryan still a franchise quarterback?
- MLB’s market has changed and Jordan Zimmermann’s contract is proof
- Magic Johnson on Kobe: 'Closest thing we've seen to Michael Jordan'
- After 1-5 start, the Chiefs are now in the driver's seat for a wild card
- NBA stars past and present react to Kobe Bryant's retirement
- Vikings don't forget to feed Adrian Peterson, and — stunner — he dominates