Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- Texas governor compares 'porous' Cowboys defense to state's border
- NFL Winners and Losers: Overrated Arizona Cardinals back to earth
- Cam Newton expected to do too much with too little in Panthers' offense
- DeMarco Murray doesn't think Chip Kelly is giving him enough touches
- How the West was won: Rangers clinch division, Astros claim wild card
- How bad are Bucs? Panthers DB says he planned celebration before pick-6 of Jameis Winston
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds
- A Packers player told Colin Kaepernick what everybody already knew
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Drew Brees wins game with 400th career touchdown
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- San Diego chooses not to retain interim manager Pat Murphy
- LeBron James hopes to soon end the Tristan Thompson contract 'distraction'
- Andrew Shaw attempts Chicago Bears field goal, launches shoe (Video)
- Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin dominate as Rams upset Cardinals