Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- Hamilton takes his first Monaco F1 pole
- Hamilton takes Monaco GP pole position ahead of Rosberg
- Jimenez lands European record 10th hole in one
- Dominant LeBron's near-triple-double leads Kyrie-less Cavs to 2-0 lead over Hawks
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll (left knee sprain) to start Game 2 vs. Cavaliers
- UNC basketball’s biggest threat to title hopes could be postseason ban
- Lakers GM: Kobe Bryant could retire after next season
- Will Smith suspended eight games by MLB for foreign substance on his arm
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA
- 95th time lucky for University of Tokyo baseball team
- French driver Grosjean hit with 5-place Monaco grid penalty
- Rick Nash scores twice as Rangers even series with Lightning
- Kyrie Irving (left knee tendinitis) out for Hawks-Cavaliers Game 2
- NFL denies NFLPA request for Goodell recusal in Brady appeal
- Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao pass all drug tests
- With no NFL interest, Michael Sam will play in the CFL