Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- Woods sees game coming together after 'frustrating' season
- A's sending Ben Zobrist to Royals
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension upheld by Roger Goodell
- Kansas, Indiana highlight this year's Maui Invitational bracket
- Big Ben expects Steelers to average 30 points a game; QB in full command of offense – 'It's what Ben wants'
- Late-round lottery tickets for your fantasy football draft
- Shutdown Corner: The great Jamaal Charles leads the Chiefs again
- Inside the shocking trade of Troy Tulowitzki
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Sources: Royals acquire utilityman Ben Zobrist from A’s
- This lame take shouldn't gain steam: Notre Dame should be barred from College Football Playoff
- Packers swap alternate uniforms, bring back another throwback look
- Report: Phillies want best trade offers for Cole Hamels by Wednesday
- Penguins upgrade depth by adding Nick Bonino, Eric Fehr in separate moves
- Tuesdays with Brownie: An appreciation for a people
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors