Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- The Rockies may have lost Tuesday, but they turned a triple play
- Andrew Wiggins dunks on Andres Nocioni at FIBA Americas
- Virtual reality training for QBs is the NFL's new wave (and it's pretty cool)
- An independent league team is putting Ozzie Guillen back in the dugout
- Ronda Rousey: I'm not going to be fighting in my 30s
- UCLA DB Ishmael Adams suspended indefinitely following arrest
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira retires a legend, even if there wasn't a happy ending
- This is what happens when ballet meets bicycles
- Memphis announces suspensions from Miami Beach Bowl brawl
- College football's top 50 breakout players for 2015
- Nebraska parts with new PA announcer after discovery of Facebook post
- Texans owner blames Tom Brady, Patriots for escalating deflate-gate