Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47By GREG BATES, Associated Press Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
- No rocking chair and slippers yet for Laura Davies
- Kenyon Martin: I'm retiring from professional basketball
- Dwyane Wade will return to the Miami Heat on a one-year contract
- Sources: Lakers get second meeting to pitch LaMarcus Aldridge; Heat also pursuing meeting
- Missouri high school will start girl at QB
- Sources: Suns clear cap room for LaMarcus Aldridge pursuit by trading three players
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended for substance abuse
- Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended four games
- Report: Wes Matthews to join Dallas Mavericks on four-year deal
- Ryne Sandberg, Jerry Dipoto and the uncomfortable nature of quitting
- Cardinals fire scouting director as drama thickens in MLB hacking scandal
- Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery, hits homer, wins at life
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended for failed PED test
- Slava Voynov pleads no contest to misdemeanor 'corporal injury to a spouse'
- Sources: Ed Davis agrees to $20 million deal with Trail Blazers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker