Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite
- USC calls all-too-familiar play in naming Clay Helton its head coach
- Singer Marc Anthony is basically Aroldis Chapman's new agent
- Johnny Cueto turned down six-year, $120 million offer from Arizona
- Carey Price out 6 weeks with injury; Mike Condon to play in Winter Classic?
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Why Kobe Bryant decided it was time to retire
- Winners and losers from the Thanksgiving week tournaments
- MLB players get record postseason payout of $69 million
- How Holly Holm's upset win over Ronda Rousey has affected her teammates
- Rick Carlisle on the Rajon Rondo trade: 'It's a deal we should have shied away from'
- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar named finalists for FIFA Ballon d'Or award
- Rob Gronkowski suffered knee bruise, no ligament tear; week to week