Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- Red Sox rock Sale, win 8-2 to snap White Sox streak
- Tony Romo, Cowboys will be unable to dodge Super Bowl expectations talk
- Jon Richter, son of Rams great Les Richter, defends Hall of Fame policy amid Junior Seau controversy
- Patriots ignore anything deflate-gate, even giant banner above that mocked Tom Brady
- With money and cutting-edge brilliance, Dodgers playing a game others can’t
- Packers not backing down from Super Bowl talk despite so-so start to camp
- Urban Meyer says QB Braxton Miller will start fall camp as a WR
- Five mistakes even good fantasy football owners make
- Astros acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers
- Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest
- Why Ohio State's suspensions aren't a trouble sign for the defending champs
- Giants co-owner in dark on JPP: 'I don't know how many fingers he has'
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Sacramento Kings
- Ronda Rousey returns to where her growing legend began
- The pressure is on Blue Jays after David Price trade
- Sources: Jays agree to trade for ace David Price