Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- 'Fail Mary' ref offers advice to official who blew call in Seahawks-Lions game
- Forde-Yard Dash: Predicting when every undefeated team will lose
- Officials miss call on Calvin Johnson fumble that costs Lions a potential win
- Ranking all 25 of the potential World Series matchups for 2015
- College Football Assistance Fund provides money for injured Southern player
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- NFL Power Rankings: Which 4-0 team is most likely to miss the playoffs?
- AL wild card preview: It's youth against experience when Astros meet Yankees
- UCLA LB Myles Jack withdraws from school, will enter NFL draft
- Pickups of the Week: Ronnie Hillman, Jay Cutler, Willie Snead and other priority adds
- Angels new GM Billy Eppler believes in analytics ... when used properly