Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- Singapore-bound Serena becomes earliest Finals qualifier
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration
- Jazz got next: Utah hosts 1st summer league since 2008
- Women's World Cup title raises expectations for U.S. men in Gold Cup
- Winners and losers from the 2015 Women's World Cup
- David Ortiz did something no Boston first baseman has ever done Sunday
- Sources: Lakers to sign Brandon Bass, could trade Nick Young
- Sources: Mavericks discussing sign-and-trade options for Jeremy Lin with Lakers
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
- LEADING OFF: Sale chases record K streak, All-Stars on deck
- 10 Degrees: First-half awards feature Max Scherzer as king of the hill
- Sources: Reggie Jackson agrees to $80 million contract to re-sign with Pistons
- The perfectly unpredictable ending to the U.S.'s confounding World Cup win
- Carli Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup title in 5-2 win over Japan
- Missouri bias? Royals and Cardinals combine for six All-Star starters
- Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul suffers severe hand injury from fireworks