Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- LEADING OFF: Hamilton back, Navy vet highlights Memorial Day
- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team
- LeBron, Cavs survive Hawks in OT, now one win away from NBA Finals
- Royals-Yankees Preview
- Lightning shock Rangers in Game 5, one win away from Cup Final
- Watch emotional return of John Amirante to MSG for Game 5 anthem (Video)
- Juan Pablo Montoya's great pass gives him Indy 500 win
- The Astros, the Royals and different ways to win
- This time cramps can't stop LeBron James as he's one step closer to NBA Finals
- War of words: Horford says Dellavedova's 'track record' is clear; LeBron says Delly 'doesn't deserve it'
- Hawks cry foul over Horford's ejection from Game 3
- Confidence carrying Stamkos as scoring touch returns
- Source: Adrian Peterson still presses for trade from Vikings with decision to skip OTAs
- Derek Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium for Bernie Williams Day
- Winners and losers from the final day of the Premier League season