Towson (4-8) pulled within 60-59 on Jerrelle Benimon’s layup with 1:38 left, but Murray re-extended the lead to 62-59 with a fall-away jumper with 25 seconds left. Marcus Damas hit a layup for the Tigers with 11 seconds remaining, only to have Murray conclude the scoring with two free throws with 9 seconds left. Damas got off a 3-pointer with 3 seconds remaining but missed.
Murray added nine rebounds, while Patrick Cole had 16 points for the Eagles (3-9).
Damas led Towson with 16 points, and Benimon had 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Andre Armstrong snapped a 49-all tie with a 3-pointer for Coppin State with 5:07 left, and Cole followed with his own trey to put the Eagles up for good.
- Lance Lynn carves up Giants, injures ankle in Cardinals win
- NFL Preseason Blitz: Tim Tebow tries his new role for red-hot Eagles
- More preseason injuries: Three Packers injured, including Randall Cobb
- Sources: John Daly taken to hospital for evaluation
- Vin Scully returning for 67th and likely final season with Dodgers
- EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor shred Steelers, adding intrigue to Bills QB battle
- Lewisberry, Pa. wins U.S. Championship, advances to LLWS final
- Expert Fantasy Football advice from National Draft Day 2015
- The fight that boxing is supposed to be about
- Fan dies after falling from upper deck at Turner Field
- Mets acquire former D-Backs closer Addison Reed to solidify bullpen
- Steve Smith ejected for fighting, then watches rest of game with oldest son
- Montana shocks North Dakota State 38-35 on late TD
- Jets center Nick Mangold helps police arrest five car burglars
- Falcons, Julio Jones reportedly agree to massive five-year extension
- Hat trick! Edwin Encarnacion hits three homers, drives in nine in Jays win