Devon Collier added 12 points for Oregon State (8-2), which won its fourth straight game and improved to 6-0 at home.
Mike Phillips had 15 points and Prince Okoroh 13 points for Howard (3-9).
Oregon State led by 10 at halftime and never let Howard get closer than eight in the second half. The Beavers used an 8-2 run early in the second half to go up 41-27. They held a double-digit lead the remainder of the game, eventually going up by as many as 23.
Moreland also had 10 rebounds for the Beavers. Nelson had a career-high seven assists.
- Cubs-Brewers Preview
- Castillo, Lamb HR in 10th as Diamondbacks beat Astros 6-4
- Royals-Blue Jays Preview
- Wilmer Flores caps emotional week with walk-off homer against Nationals
- MLB trade deadline: Winners & losers
- Cowboys' La'el Collins in position to rebound from nightmare scenario
- Why Ronda Rousey needs 'Cyborg'
- Blue Jays continue midseason makeover, add Ben Revere from Phillies
- Teixeira homers from both sides as Yanks rout White Sox 13-6
- Salazar gives up 1 hit in 8 innings as Indians beat A's
- Padres-Marlins Preview
- Patriots' fight with NFL gets nastier with release of emails
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dead at 61
- What does Russell Wilson's new deal mean for Eli Manning's negotiations with Giants?
- Mets acquire offensive help in Yoenis Cespedes
- Brady won't ask for injunction, wants case resolved by start of season