North Carolina A&T defeats Eastern Kentucky 78-67Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012
Austin Witter had 12 points and nine rebounds, and Lamont Middleton added 12 points and eight assists for the Aggies (5-7).
Mike DiNunno led Eastern Kentucky (9-2) with 22 points, including 5-of-8 shooting from 3-point range, Marcus Lewis scored 14 and Glenn Cosey had 11.
Eastern Kentucky still led 37-29 at halftime, but the Colonels shot 29.6 percent from the field (8 of 27) in the second half to North Carolina A&T’s 64 percent (16 of 25). The Aggies shot 55.3 percent for the game (26 of 47).
Trailing 37-20 in the first half, A&T scored the last nine points and the first three in the second half, and finally caught the Colonels at 44-all. The Aggies led 63-50 with 3:46 to go.
- THE LATEST: Europe, US are likely bidders for 2026 World Cup
- Stephen Strasburg leaves another start early as concerns grow
- Rangers fan wears nacho cheese thanks to Prince Fielder foul ball
- Scott Skiles is the new head coach in Orlando, for better or worse
- Metta World Peace, a.k.a. The Panda's Friend, ejected from Italian playoff game
- Bill Laimbeer: 'There's no question I would take LeBron James' over Michael Jordan
- Byron Maxwell guarantees Super Bowl 50 appearance for Eagles
- Titans strength coach returned to work a day after having 3 surgeries
- Rangers lament limited chances in Game 7 loss to Lightning
- Ben Bishop sends Tampa to Stanley Cup Final with Game 7 shutout
- Warriors' Klay Thompson diagnosed with concussion, no timetable for return
- Bill Belichick, predictably, had nothing to say about deflate-gate
- Sepp Blatter wins FIFA re-election the old fashioned way
- Joseph Randle's on the fantasy rise in Big D
- Dwight Howard gets 1-game suspension after Game 5 flagrant upgraded
- Why Bulls management could never accept Tom Thibodeau's success