ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Brandon Young scored 15 points, including critical free throws in the final two minutes, as DePaul ran its winning streak to six with a 69-64 victory over Northern Illinois on Sunday.
Young hit a pair of free throws with 15 seconds to play to open a 67-64 lead after Akeem Springs put the Huskies back in contention with back-to-back 3 pointers in a 14-second span.
The last came with 16 seconds to play and trimmed DePaul’s lead to 65-64.
Jamee Crockett scored 14 points and Cleveland Melvin added 12 for the Blue Demons (8-3). Abdel Nader scored a game-high 20 and Akeem Springs added 11 for the Huskies (2-7), who have dropped two straight and five of their last six.
- LEADING OFF: Trade targets on mound; 2 newcomers arrive
- Wieters' 11th-inning HR gives Orioles 2-1 win over Braves
- White Sox outlast Red Sox 10-8
- Robert Allenby's ex-caddie doesn't believe former boss' Hawaii story
- Seau family not happy Hall of Fame preventing Sydney from speaking
- Ready to sell? Red Sox make first move, deal Shane Victorino to Angels
- The big problem with Didier Drogba joining the Montreal Impact and MLS
- NFL's latest deflate-gate move could make its punishment of Tom Brady, Pats laughable
- Casali hits 2 HRs to help Rays top Tigers 5-2
- Texans' Clowney won't be ready for start of training camp
- A-Rod homers on 40th birthday in Yankees' 6-2 win at Rangers
- Arizona Cardinals hire NFL's first-ever female coaching intern
- Mets going in? New York picks up Tyler Clippard from Athletics
- WATCH: Cardale Jones, other Buckeyes get scared in dummy prank
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Shutdown Countdown: Eagles riding the Chip Kelly experiment