ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Brandon Young scored 15 points, including critical free throws in the final two minutes, as DePaul ran its winning streak to six with a 69-64 victory over Northern Illinois on Sunday.
Young hit a pair of free throws with 15 seconds to play to open a 67-64 lead after Akeem Springs put the Huskies back in contention with back-to-back 3 pointers in a 14-second span.
The last came with 16 seconds to play and trimmed DePaul’s lead to 65-64.
Jamee Crockett scored 14 points and Cleveland Melvin added 12 for the Blue Demons (8-3). Abdel Nader scored a game-high 20 and Akeem Springs added 11 for the Huskies (2-7), who have dropped two straight and five of their last six.
- Report: Tony Romo out for the rest of the season
- Chip Kelly's season still going downhill, and the biggest problem is familiar
- NFL Awards Watch: Cam Newton-Tom Brady MVP race isn't close yet
- Bowl projections, pre-Week 13 edition
- Bucks coach Jason Kidd ejected for slapping ball out of ref's hands
- Mike Pettine doesn't close door on Johnny Manziel being in Browns future
- The NCAA finally frees prized Kansas freshman Cheick Diallo
- Cubs release new renderings of plaza under construction outside Wrigley Field
- Jahlil Okafor's apparent street fight is more proof of 76ers' flawed rebuilding plan
- Wayne Selden's resurgence sparks Kansas to Maui title
- Hornets score 25 straight, hold Wizards to 6 fourth-quarter points in big win
- Family of Frank Gifford announces Hall of Famer had CTE
- Sidney Crosby feels stupid humoring Mario Lemieux feud rumor
- FSU official details number of rape allegations against football players
- Heisman watch: Who can make the best impression down the stretch?