ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Brandon Young scored 15 points, including critical free throws in the final two minutes, as DePaul ran its winning streak to six with a 69-64 victory over Northern Illinois on Sunday.
Young hit a pair of free throws with 15 seconds to play to open a 67-64 lead after Akeem Springs put the Huskies back in contention with back-to-back 3 pointers in a 14-second span.
The last came with 16 seconds to play and trimmed DePaul’s lead to 65-64.
Jamee Crockett scored 14 points and Cleveland Melvin added 12 for the Blue Demons (8-3). Abdel Nader scored a game-high 20 and Akeem Springs added 11 for the Huskies (2-7), who have dropped two straight and five of their last six.
- Memphis announces suspensions from Miami Beach Bowl brawl
- College football's top 50 breakout players for 2015
- Nebraska parts with new PA announcer after discovery of Facebook post
- Texans owner blames Tom Brady, Patriots for escalating deflate-gate
- The five longest homers of August, starring our new king Michael A. Taylor
- Tom Izzo caps Spartans' trip to Italy by playing accordion at dinner
- Chael Sonnen signs deal to serve as MMA analyst on WSOF broadcasts
- Federer, Wozniacki, Halep secure easy wins
- An independent league team is putting Ozzie Guillen back in the dugout
- Ronda Rousey: I'm not going to be fighting in my 30s
- UCLA DB Ishmael Adams suspended indefinitely following arrest
- Three-Man Weave: Which rookie landed in the best spot?
- Royals clubhouse hit by bout of chickenpox
- BDL 25: What the heck will the Dallas Mavericks even look like?
- Los Angeles kicks off bid to host 2024 Olympics