Marquette beats Savannah State 71-51By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 15, 2012
Junior Cadougan added 11 points and Steve Taylor contributed a career-high 10 points for the Golden Eagles (7-2), who became the 43rd NCAA school to win 1,500 games.
Savannah State (5-6) was led by Rashad Hassan’s 14 points. Arnold Louis had 10 points, 11 rebounds, three assists and three steals for the Tigers, who are in the midst of five straight road games.
Marquette pulled away with a 14-2 run in the second half to win for the fifth time in six games.
- Officials miss call on Calvin Johnson fumble that costs Lions a potential win
- NFL Power Rankings: Which 4-0 team is most likely to miss the playoffs?
- Kam Chancellor's huge play saves the struggling Seattle Seahawks
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- AL wild card preview: It's youth against experience when Astros meet Yankees
- NHL acknowledges it has a cocaine problem among players
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'I might as well just go ahead and retire'
- Cher tweets support for Nick Diaz after his five-year ban for marijuana usage
- Ranking all 25 of the potential World Series matchups for 2015
- Angels new GM Billy Eppler believes in analytics ... when used properly
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- Ronda Rousey to co-anchor SportsCenter on Oct. 7
- Stephen A. Smith responds to Kevin Durant: 'You don’t want to make an enemy out of me'
- George Karl is sorry for saying DeMarcus Cousins was tradable