Marquette beats Savannah State 71-51By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 15, 2012
Junior Cadougan added 11 points and Steve Taylor contributed a career-high 10 points for the Golden Eagles (7-2), who became the 43rd NCAA school to win 1,500 games.
Savannah State (5-6) was led by Rashad Hassan’s 14 points. Arnold Louis had 10 points, 11 rebounds, three assists and three steals for the Tigers, who are in the midst of five straight road games.
Marquette pulled away with a 14-2 run in the second half to win for the fifth time in six games.
- Clayton Kershaw's 132-pitch masterpiece closes out Dodgers' sweep of Giants
- Wetzel to Forde podcast: Dissecting college football's opening weekend
- Seahawks' Frank Clark in group of 5 high-risk rookies showing promise as preseason nears end
- Djokovic dances with a fan on court after win
- Chris Davis' walk-off home run wakes up sleeping fan at Orioles Park
- Foul ball comes to eat, destroys Rangers fan's nachos
- Wife of Redskins GM apologizes for inappropriate tweets about ESPN reporter
- Ruben Tejada gets inside-the-park homer after Domonic Brown tumbles over wall
- Crazy Legs Gardner: Yankees affiliate unveils Brett Gardner bobble-leg doll
- Penguins 'racist' locker room prank revealed in Jarkko Ruutu’s book
- Clayton Kershaw goes the distance as Dodgers finish sweep of Giants
- No rest for the best: Serena practiced after her second-round win
- Report: Cardale Jones 'good' after being taken to hospital for headache
- Don't expect to see any veterans do mid-match interviews
- Rafa, Venus survive second round
- Cam Newton's little brother might be a big deal