Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Singapore-bound Serena becomes earliest Finals qualifier
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration
- Jazz got next: Utah hosts 1st summer league since 2008
- Women's World Cup title raises expectations for U.S. men in Gold Cup
- Winners and losers from the 2015 Women's World Cup
- David Ortiz did something no Boston first baseman has ever done Sunday
- Sources: Lakers to sign Brandon Bass, could trade Nick Young
- Sources: Mavericks discussing sign-and-trade options for Jeremy Lin with Lakers
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
- LEADING OFF: Sale chases record K streak, All-Stars on deck
- 10 Degrees: First-half awards feature Max Scherzer as king of the hill
- Sources: Reggie Jackson agrees to $80 million contract to re-sign with Pistons
- The perfectly unpredictable ending to the U.S.'s confounding World Cup win
- Carli Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup title in 5-2 win over Japan
- Missouri bias? Royals and Cardinals combine for six All-Star starters
- Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul suffers severe hand injury from fireworks