Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland suspended for 1 game by NFL
- The Latest: 1 hour to deadline; Hamels' goodbye to Phils
- Bowyer faces uncertain future at Michael Waltrip Racing
- David Price gets a flat tire on his way to Toronto
- Blue Jays get bullpen help by adding Mark Lowe in trade with Mariners
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Shutdown Countdown: With Suh in place, here come the Dolphins
- Report: Russell Wilson will become NFL’s second-highest-paid QB
- Players' union, league seek quick resolution to Brady case
- Chiefs veterans return to Missouri Western for training camp
- Russia retains synchro team gold at swim worlds
- Sources: Cubs agree to deal for Dan Haren
- No hesitation: Lovie Smith names Jameis Winston Buccaneers' starting QB
- Brandon Graham says Tim Tebow will not only make Eagles but play a lot
- Orioles get Gerardo Parra from Brewers in deadline day deal
- Hawks' Mike Scott faces felony charges after arrest on pot, MDMA possession