Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Cowboys' reported choice of Cassel over Weeden can't hide Dallas' bad QB math
- Michael Irvin: Greg Hardy is 'mind-boggling impressive'
- Report: Cowboys bench Brandon Weeden in favor of Matt Cassel
- Steve Spurrier says decision to resign motivated by team's struggles
- Mets fan critically injured after fight in Dodger Stadium parking lot
- UFC Fight Night 76 sells out in record time without Conor McGregor
- Mets get their revenge; now it's up to Clayton Kershaw to save the Dodgers' season
- Jake Arrieta has worst start since June 16, Cubs still beat Cardinals
- Cubs fan gets his beer destroyed by Stephen Piscotty's first-inning homer
- NFL denies DeAngelo Williams' request to raise breast cancer awareness all season
- NFL admits clock error at end of Chargers-Steelers game
- Police say former Texas A&M WR admits to Monday slaying of park jogger
- The stories of the six men who caught the Cubs' historic home run balls
- NFL Power Rankings: Can the Seattle Seahawks rebound again?
- USC's chronic leadership failure continues with mishandling of Steve Sarkisian