Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze: Chad Kelly will 'likely' start at QB
- Suddenly famous Tom Brady courthouse sketch artist tries again
- Mark Shapiro a perfect fit at president for forward-looking Blue Jays
- Judge Berman to rule on deflate-gate 'in next day or two' after failed settlement
- Flurry of NFL trades go down; should Lions' Eric Ebron be concerned?
- Jake Arrieta's no-hitter made even more memorable by Cubs' postgame pajama party
- Every NHL Team from A to Zed in Puck Daddy's Summer Series
- Buffalo Bills cut longtime running back Fred Jackson
- Kirk Cousins is Washington's starting QB 'for 2015, moving forward'
- Tyrone Swoopes named Texas' starting quarterback
- Dunk History: Vince Carter defies gravity, belief in the 2000 Slam Dunk Contest
- Tyrod Taylor wins battle to be the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback
- JJ Lane of 'Bachelor in Paradise' on how hockey helped him on TV; Phil Kessel's 'dad bod' (Puck Daddy Interview)
- Toledo suspends 2 starters, including MAC's leading rusher
- Will Smith tackles NFL cover-up in newly released trailer for 'Concussion'