Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Ducks-Blackhawks Preview
- Rangers put 1B/OF Blanks on disabled list, add OF Smolinski
- Hinchcliffe posts photo from hospital thanking safety crew
- UNC basketball’s biggest threat to title hopes could be postseason ban
- Lakers GM: Kobe Bryant could retire after next season
- Will Smith suspended eight games by MLB for foreign substance on his arm
- With no NFL interest, Michael Sam will play in the CFL
- Looking ahead to Game 2: Atlanta vs. Cleveland
- Blue Jays place 2B Travis on DL, promote Kawasaki
- Pirates star McCutchen laughs off leaked pay stub
- Questions about safety hover over 99th Indianapolis 500
- NFL denies NFLPA request for Goodell recusal in Brady appeal
- Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao pass all drug tests
- Kyrie Irving (left knee tendinitis) questionable for Hawks-Cavaliers Game 2
- Which of the three 'Hard Knocks' candidates would be the best choice?
- Brewers' Will Smith tossed for having foreign substance on his arm