Marquette beats Wisconsin 60-50By JOE DIGIOVANNI, Associated Press Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
Marquette, coming off an 82-49 loss at No. 6 Florida on Nov. 29, led the entire game but wasn’t able to shake the Badgers until the closing minutes.
No Wisconsin player scored in double digits with Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans each scoring nine points. Davante Gardner scored 10 points off the bench for Marquette (6-2).
Neither team had success with free throws. Marquette missed 10 of 17 and Wisconsin (6-4) missed 14 of 23.
Marquette dominated down low, outscoring the Badgers 36-10 in the paint. The Golden Eagles contested seemingly every inside shot by Wisconsin, which beat the Badgers for the second consecutive year.
- Miami PD considers Yasiel Puig case closed, Dodgers decline to comment
- Week 12 Injury Wrap: New running backs for Chiefs, Falcons
- If Notre Dame doesn't make the College Football Playoff, don't blame its independent status
- Did Les Miles tell boosters Saturday was his last game at LSU?
- Stedman Bailey expected to survive, according to Rams coach Jeff Fisher
- Athletics' Sean Doolittle hosted 17 Syrian refugee families for Thanksgiving
- Jerry West on Draymond Green: 'If he’s not a top-10 player in this league, I don’t know who is'
- NFL against the spread picks: Denver Broncos for the upset
- Tulane fires Curtis Johnson after second straight 3-9 season
- Arizona's first loss should serve as an early reality check
- Iowa holds off Nebraska 28-20, finishes regular season undefeated
- Report: MLB investigating Yasiel Puig's role in Miami nightclub fight
- Houston seals AAC West with 52-31 win over Navy
- Tony Romo done for 2015, will he be a top QB when we see him in 2016?
- Heat focused on forging a legacy after LeBron