Tennessee-Martin rally stuns Kennesaw State 65-63Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Myles Taylor scored a game-high 20 points for the victorious Skyhawks (3-5), including seven in that decisive stretch. It was a 3-pointer by Mike Liabo (14 points) that tied it at 63-all.
It came after Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings, who led the Owls (1-7) with 19 points, committed a turnover with 6 seconds to play. Following a timeout, Childs (12 points) then scored the game-winner.
Before his last-second turnover, Cummings had given Kennesaw State its last lead, 63-61, on a layup with 0:55 left. But Taylor responded with a tying jumper with 42 seconds remaining before Cummings’ turnover and Childs’ decisive layup.
Aaron Anderson scored 15 points for Kennesaw State and posted a double-double with 10 rebounds. Delbert Love added 12 points.
- NFL Live Blog: Follow Week 12 action with the Shutdown Corner team
- Georgia fires coach Mark Richt after 15 seasons
- How Nick Saban's dominance impacted coaching futures of Mark Richt, Les Miles
- Tom Brady wrangles Broncos in new Facebook pic
- The Catch, Part II? Odell Beckham Jr. makes another circus catch
- On Vin Scully's 88th birthday, enjoy our favorite Vin moments from 2015
- Report: $110 million deal pending between Jordan Zimmermann, Tigers
- Scoring change gives BYU star NCAA's career triple-double record
- Oklahoma moves to No. 3 in AP poll
- After 1-5 start, the Chiefs are now in the driver's seat for a wild card
- Texans' J.J. Watt, reaching 70-mark, on insane sack pace at age 26
- Anthony Rizzo forms strong bond with teen battling cancer
- Eli Manning's horrendous game makes NFC East even murkier
- Forde's Fab Four: Where normalcy finally reigns
- Matt Campbell named coach at Iowa State
- Virginia Tech makes Justin Fuente hire official