Tennessee-Martin rally stuns Kennesaw State 65-63Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Myles Taylor scored a game-high 20 points for the victorious Skyhawks (3-5), including seven in that decisive stretch. It was a 3-pointer by Mike Liabo (14 points) that tied it at 63-all.
It came after Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings, who led the Owls (1-7) with 19 points, committed a turnover with 6 seconds to play. Following a timeout, Childs (12 points) then scored the game-winner.
Before his last-second turnover, Cummings had given Kennesaw State its last lead, 63-61, on a layup with 0:55 left. But Taylor responded with a tying jumper with 42 seconds remaining before Cummings’ turnover and Childs’ decisive layup.
Aaron Anderson scored 15 points for Kennesaw State and posted a double-double with 10 rebounds. Delbert Love added 12 points.
- Rays snap 6-game skid with 3-0 win over Orioles
- No. 1 Williams edges Azarenka in French Open's 3rd round
- Stephen Strasburg lands on DL with neck and back issue
- A.J. Ellis takes exception to umpire Mike Winters critiquing his pitch framing
- Surging Giants take over first place in NL West
- Rangers lament limited chances in Game 7 loss to Lightning
- Ranking the 2015 NBA draft's top senior prospects
- Scott Skiles is the new head coach in Orlando, for better or worse
- Steve Kerr believes Klay Thompson will be ready for NBA Finals
- Indiana records strike'em out, throw'em out, throw'em out again triple play
- Sanchez's amazing strike highlights Arsenal's latest FA Cup triumph
- Swagger wins: How the Tampa Bay Lightning grew into champions
- Derek Norris hits walkoff grand slam after striking out four times
- Ben Bishop sends Tampa to Stanley Cup Final with Game 7 shutout
- Rangers fan wears nacho cheese thanks to Prince Fielder foul ball
- Sepp Blatter wins FIFA re-election the old fashioned way