Tennessee-Martin rally stuns Kennesaw State 65-63Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Myles Taylor scored a game-high 20 points for the victorious Skyhawks (3-5), including seven in that decisive stretch. It was a 3-pointer by Mike Liabo (14 points) that tied it at 63-all.
It came after Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings, who led the Owls (1-7) with 19 points, committed a turnover with 6 seconds to play. Following a timeout, Childs (12 points) then scored the game-winner.
Before his last-second turnover, Cummings had given Kennesaw State its last lead, 63-61, on a layup with 0:55 left. But Taylor responded with a tying jumper with 42 seconds remaining before Cummings’ turnover and Childs’ decisive layup.
Aaron Anderson scored 15 points for Kennesaw State and posted a double-double with 10 rebounds. Delbert Love added 12 points.
- Harvard athlete among 1st openly transgender NCAA swimmers
- Stressed Bouchard has no regrets
- Hit-and-run case against UFC ex-champ Jon Jones stalls
- Spanish federation chief to face probe over finances
- Simon Shnapir, 2-time US pairs champion, retires
- Exclusive: FIFA's Blatter will not attend women's World Cup final - lawyer
- Your 2015 NBA free agent primer
- Sources: Tim Duncan joining Spurs' recruiting meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge
- American hopes take a hit as Sock unravels
- Halep checks out of hotel Wimbledon early
- Devils name Scott Clemmensen goaltending development coach
- Stephen Curry overtakes LeBron James for NBA's top jersey
- Canadiens agree to 2-year deal with forward Brian Flynn
- Sources: Kings probing John Calipari about coaching, front-office jobs
- DeAndre Jordan is visiting four teams, including Knicks and Lakers
- Pierre McGuire indicates Mike Richards contract breach occurred at border crossing