Providence defeats Mississippi State 73-63.Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
The Friars (6-2) started the game with a 13-1 run and never trailed. Batts scored six points during that stretch, during which Mississippi State (2-5) went 0-for-8 from the field.
The Bulldogs made it interesting late in the second half, going on a 13-0 run to narrow the Friars’ lead to 66-62 with less than a minute to go. Providence, however, locked down the game by making seven free throws down the stretch, four by Henton.
Batts and Brice Kofane led the Friars’ strong defensive effort, combining for six of Providence’s eight blocks.
Wendell Lewis came off the bench strong for Mississippi State (2-5), scoring a career-high 16 points. But the Bulldogs shot just 35.9 percent (23 of 64), including 3 of 14 by Craig Sword.
- Mariners-Rays Preview
- Blue Jays activate SS Jose Reyes
- Odd-man in: Mets go to 6-man rotation to cut innings
- Chicago Bears look bad after Ray McDonald's latest arrest
- This time cramps can't stop LeBron James as he's one step closer to NBA Finals
- LeBron, Cavs survive Hawks in OT, now one win away from NBA Finals
- Lightning shock Rangers in Game 5, one win away from Cup Final
- Watch emotional return of John Amirante to MSG for Game 5 anthem (Video)
- Rays put 1B James Loney on disabled list with broken finger
- White Sox-Blue Jays Preview
- Homegrown Monfils feels no extra French Open pressure
- Looking ahead to Game 4: Warriors at Rockets
- War of words: Horford says Dellavedova's 'track record' is clear; LeBron says Delly 'doesn't deserve it'
- Confidence carrying Stamkos as scoring touch returns
- Source: Adrian Peterson still presses for trade from Vikings with decision to skip OTAs
- Derek Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium for Bernie Williams Day