Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 76-66Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Tate was 10-of-16 shooting, helping the Hornets (4-5, 1-0) shoot 50 percent (24 of 48) as a team. Casey Walker turned in 15 points on 5-of-11 shooting—all from beyond the arc—and Tyshawn Bell had 11 points, including a 5 of 6 showing from the foul line.
Delaware State outrebounded the Hawks (0-7, 0-1) 37-26, led by Marques Oliver’s eight.
Kyree Jones led Maryland-Eastern Shore with 24 points on 6-of-11 shooting and made 9 of 10 from the free-throw line. Troy Snider had 15 points, a team-best eight rebounds and a game-high five steals.
The Hawks shot just 38.6 percent (22 of 57) from the field.
Delaware State had 10 blocks—five each from Kendall Gray and Oliver.
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- AL wild card preview: It's youth against experience when Astros meet Yankees
- Stephen A. Smith responds to Kevin Durant: 'You don’t want to make an enemy out of me'
- Cher tweets support for Nick Diaz after his five-year ban for marijuana usage
- Bernard Hopkins eyeing final fight
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones downgrades Brandon Weeden to 'limited'
- Matt Williams fired as Washington Nationals manager
- Sharks' Raffi Torres suspended 41 games for hit on Jakob Silfverberg (Video)
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's loss could spell very bad news for the Hornets
- BDL's 2015-16 NBA Season Previews: Golden State Warriors