Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 76-66Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Tate was 10-of-16 shooting, helping the Hornets (4-5, 1-0) shoot 50 percent (24 of 48) as a team. Casey Walker turned in 15 points on 5-of-11 shooting—all from beyond the arc—and Tyshawn Bell had 11 points, including a 5 of 6 showing from the foul line.
Delaware State outrebounded the Hawks (0-7, 0-1) 37-26, led by Marques Oliver’s eight.
Kyree Jones led Maryland-Eastern Shore with 24 points on 6-of-11 shooting and made 9 of 10 from the free-throw line. Troy Snider had 15 points, a team-best eight rebounds and a game-high five steals.
The Hawks shot just 38.6 percent (22 of 57) from the field.
Delaware State had 10 blocks—five each from Kendall Gray and Oliver.
- Bowl projections, pre-Week 13 edition
- Mike Pettine doesn't close door on Johnny Manziel being in Browns future
- Heisman watch: Who can make the best impression down the stretch?
- AL MVP Josh Donaldson emerges as face of baseball and a nation
- Byron Scott gives a great big 'nah' to handing rookie D'Angelo Russell big minutes
- The Detroit Lions already ruined Thanksgiving for everyone — again
- How replay is hurting the NFL
- NFL announces 2016 slate of UK games; city of St. Louis unhappy
- Family of Frank Gifford announces Hall of Famer had CTE
- The NCAA finally frees prized Kansas freshman Cheick Diallo
- Why NHL COO John Collins quit: ‘I feel like I’ve left nothing undone’
- The Hawks retired Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 jersey: 'My name will stay forever'
- Teammates, players around NFL react to shocking Stedman Bailey shooting
- Ray Lewis, ESPN analyst, gave Bills pep talk before they played Patriots
- End of an era: Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick trims The Beard
- Jed Lowrie going back to Oakland headlines flurry of minor moves