Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 76-66Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Tate was 10-of-16 shooting, helping the Hornets (4-5, 1-0) shoot 50 percent (24 of 48) as a team. Casey Walker turned in 15 points on 5-of-11 shooting—all from beyond the arc—and Tyshawn Bell had 11 points, including a 5 of 6 showing from the foul line.
Delaware State outrebounded the Hawks (0-7, 0-1) 37-26, led by Marques Oliver’s eight.
Kyree Jones led Maryland-Eastern Shore with 24 points on 6-of-11 shooting and made 9 of 10 from the free-throw line. Troy Snider had 15 points, a team-best eight rebounds and a game-high five steals.
The Hawks shot just 38.6 percent (22 of 57) from the field.
Delaware State had 10 blocks—five each from Kendall Gray and Oliver.
- The Dr. Saturday Podcast: Game week has arrived
- Cardale Jones released from hospital after headache
- Dunk History: LeBron James rises up and Damon Jones gets ‘banged on’
- McDavid vs. Eichel vs. can anyone else actually win the Calder?
- Report: There is 'universal' support for Roger Goodell among NFL owners
- Clayton Kershaw's 132-pitch masterpiece closes out Dodgers' sweep of Giants
- Wetzel to Forde podcast: Dissecting college football's opening weekend
- Seahawks' Frank Clark in group of 5 high-risk rookies showing promise as preseason nears end
- Patriots react on Twitter to judge's lifting of Tom Brady suspension
- The Clippers are planning to add a mascot, so here are some suggestions
- Judge rules for Tom Brady, overturns four-game deflate-gate suspension
- Boston TV host jokes about Roger Goodell's 'murder'
- Washington and Alaska Airlines reach stadium naming agreement
- Crazy Legs Gardner: Yankees affiliate unveils Brett Gardner bobble-leg doll
- Penguins 'racist' locker room prank revealed in Jarkko Ruutu’s book
- Clayton Kershaw goes the distance as Dodgers finish sweep of Giants