Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 76-66Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
Tate was 10-of-16 shooting, helping the Hornets (4-5, 1-0) shoot 50 percent (24 of 48) as a team. Casey Walker turned in 15 points on 5-of-11 shooting—all from beyond the arc—and Tyshawn Bell had 11 points, including a 5 of 6 showing from the foul line.
Delaware State outrebounded the Hawks (0-7, 0-1) 37-26, led by Marques Oliver’s eight.
Kyree Jones led Maryland-Eastern Shore with 24 points on 6-of-11 shooting and made 9 of 10 from the free-throw line. Troy Snider had 15 points, a team-best eight rebounds and a game-high five steals.
The Hawks shot just 38.6 percent (22 of 57) from the field.
Delaware State had 10 blocks—five each from Kendall Gray and Oliver.
- Defending champion Russia beats Denmark 5-2 at hockey worlds
- Pass first? Point guards look to show you can score, win
- Azarenka suffers match-point meltdown in Williams loss
- Cavs expected to start Tristan Thompson in Game 2
- LeSean McCoy says Chip Kelly got rid of 'all the black players'
- LeBron James plans to get more aggressive in Cavs-Bulls Game 2
- The secret behind Nelson Cruz's majestic home run swing
- Nationals players bring their dogs to the field for Pet Day photo shoot
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
- NFL finds it probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls, Brady 'generally aware'
- Remembering Babe Ruth’s first major-league home run – 100 years ago
- Marshall RB Steward Butler accused of assaulting gay couple
- Ernie Johnson gives his Sports Emmy to Stuart Scott's daughters
- Grizzlies control Game 2 from start to finish, even series with Warriors
- The new Miguel Cabrera is just like the old one: hitting and having way too much fun
- Will Mayweather-Pacquiao pay-per-view record ever be broken?