Marquette blasts Maryland-Baltimore County 79-46By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Monday, Nov 26, 2012
Wilson finished with 15 points for the Golden Eagles (5-1), and has now shot 14 of 17, or 82.4 percent, in his last two games. In Marquette’s 72-64 victory over USC on Wednesday, the junior forward had a career-high 19 points.
The Golden Eagles’ second-leading scorer, Vander Blue, did not play because of a knee injury.
That didn’t stop Marquette from using a 37-5 run in the second half. The Golden Eagles shot 71.4 percent in the final 20 minutes.
Davante Gardner, Marquette’s leading scorer, finished with 13 points and five steals.
UMBC (1-4) lost its third game in a row and was led by Chase Plummer’s 12 points.
- Warriors outlast Jazz in tough win, move to 19-0
- Browns find a new low, lose on a blocked field goal for a touchdown
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Three losses to unranked foes raise familiar questions about LSU
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Why Kobe Bryant decided it was time to retire
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite
- MLB players get record postseason payout of $69 million
- Question for the committee: Does Clemson deserve to make playoff even if it loses Saturday?
- As Kobe returns home, his old coach urges Philadelphia to give him proper sendoff
- KD decries media criticism of Kobe: 'They never got players and how we work'
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Toronto's Garret Sparks gets emotional after shutout in NHL debut (Video)
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Hot Stove Digest: Jim Johnson returns to Braves on a one-year deal