Marquette blasts Maryland-Baltimore County 79-46By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Monday, Nov 26, 2012
Wilson finished with 15 points for the Golden Eagles (5-1), and has now shot 14 of 17, or 82.4 percent, in his last two games. In Marquette’s 72-64 victory over USC on Wednesday, the junior forward had a career-high 19 points.
The Golden Eagles’ second-leading scorer, Vander Blue, did not play because of a knee injury.
That didn’t stop Marquette from using a 37-5 run in the second half. The Golden Eagles shot 71.4 percent in the final 20 minutes.
Davante Gardner, Marquette’s leading scorer, finished with 13 points and five steals.
UMBC (1-4) lost its third game in a row and was led by Chase Plummer’s 12 points.
- Week 5 Start/Sit: Fading Freeman
- Dwight Howard says he played through a torn MCL and meniscus in the playoffs
- Spread Options: Dr. Saturday's Week 6 picks against the spread
- Thabo Sefolosha found not guilty of all charges stemming from NYPD altercation
- NFL against the spread picks: Which teams are perfect vs. the number?
- Gennady Golovkin's trainer talks about roots of GGG's style
- The Kansas City Royals are in deep trouble after a Game 1 loss to Houston
- Washington upsets USC 17-12 to end Trojans playoff hopes
- Report: Mariners to fire manager Lloyd McClendon
- Gilbert Arenas disputes Caron Butler's re-telling of the Javaris Crittenton gun incident
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast
- Ryan Mallett explains leaving sidelines early: 'I thought the half was over'
- Bears' Matt Slauson not staying quiet on stuttering he's had since childhood
- Matt Hasselbeck, other aging stars come to Colts' rescue against Texans
- Tony Parker: I want to play 20 seasons with the Spurs
- Texans' QB mess: Benched Ryan Mallett pouts, Brian Hoyer folds late