Marquette blasts Maryland-Baltimore County 79-46By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Monday, Nov 26, 2012
Wilson finished with 15 points for the Golden Eagles (5-1), and has now shot 14 of 17, or 82.4 percent, in his last two games. In Marquette’s 72-64 victory over USC on Wednesday, the junior forward had a career-high 19 points.
The Golden Eagles’ second-leading scorer, Vander Blue, did not play because of a knee injury.
That didn’t stop Marquette from using a 37-5 run in the second half. The Golden Eagles shot 71.4 percent in the final 20 minutes.
Davante Gardner, Marquette’s leading scorer, finished with 13 points and five steals.
UMBC (1-4) lost its third game in a row and was led by Chase Plummer’s 12 points.
- Breaking down the remaining Power Five quarterback competitions
- Sources: Euro guard Marcelo Huertas agrees to one-year deal with Lakers
- Julius Thomas now expected to miss significant time with finger injury
- BDL 25: Kevin Durant is back to score at will and dominate headlines
- Can Phil Kessel break 40 goals with Pittsburgh Penguins?
- Nishikori, Ivanovic out as U.S. Open starts with major upsets
- The Decade of the No-No: We're seeing the most MLB no-hitters since the '60s
- Stamkos talks loom; Penguins sale slow; Cooke wants a contract (Puck Headlines)
- Reality setting in on Jameis Winston's huge hurdles in rookie season with Bucs
- Reports: UCLA DB Ishmael Adams arrested for robbery (Update)
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast
- More dominant athlete: Serena Williams or Ronda Rousey?
- Urban Meyer hates the color blue
- The Phoenix Suns reportedly have no plans to deal the disgruntled Markieff Morris
- Now-benched Robert Griffin III featured on Redskins' Week 1 tickets