Marquette blasts Maryland-Baltimore County 79-46By DAVE BOEHLER, Associated Press Monday, Nov 26, 2012
Wilson finished with 15 points for the Golden Eagles (5-1), and has now shot 14 of 17, or 82.4 percent, in his last two games. In Marquette’s 72-64 victory over USC on Wednesday, the junior forward had a career-high 19 points.
The Golden Eagles’ second-leading scorer, Vander Blue, did not play because of a knee injury.
That didn’t stop Marquette from using a 37-5 run in the second half. The Golden Eagles shot 71.4 percent in the final 20 minutes.
Davante Gardner, Marquette’s leading scorer, finished with 13 points and five steals.
UMBC (1-4) lost its third game in a row and was led by Chase Plummer’s 12 points.
- S. Korean hoops coach suspected of manipulating games
- Donaldson's 2nd homer lifts Blue Jays over White Sox 10-9
- Marlins-Pirates Preview
- Cavs finish sweep of Hawks with ease, land 1st Finals berth since 2007
- Justin Verlander looks dominant in simulated game
- Dwight Howard won't be suspended for Warriors-Rockets Game 5
- Andy Reid says Eric Berry has completed cancer treatments
- Ken Hitchcock believes he has 'the tools and the expertise' to still guide Blues
- Cavaliers sweep Hawks to reach NBA Finals
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks
- Russell double gives Cubs 3-2 win over Nationals
- NY Rangers rout Lightning, chase Bishop in Game 6 to avoid elimination
- Colin Kaepernick has social media faux pas, jokes about Houston flooding
- Shaquille O'Neal swears he'd be 'a Laker to this day' but for Karl Malone's 2004 knee injury
- The first batch of All-Star vote tallies are out and the Royals are dominating
- Why Jeremy Mincey is a perfect fit for the Cowboys' cast of hidden gems, gambles