Mason helps Chattanooga beat Kennesaw State 65-51Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Zaccheus Mason scored 14 points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked four shots to help Chattanooga pull away for an easy 65-51 win over Chattanooga on Saturday.
Gee McGhee finished with 12 points for the Mocs (2-4), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Ronrico White and Drazen Zlovaric each had 10 points.
Chattanooga outrebounded the Owls 43-22. The Mocs also totaled 14 offensive rebounds, extending their streak to six games for grabbing 12 or more offensive boards.
Chattanooga closed the first half with a 10-0 run led by Zlovaric’s four points to claim a 38-21 lead at halftime. The Mocs took a 20-point lead when Farad Cobb knocked down a 3-pointer with 8:26 left in the second half.
Kennesaw State cut the Mocs’ advantage down to 59-51 on Jordan Montgomery’s two free throws with 1:37 remaining. But Chattanooga held the Owls (1-6) scoreless the rest of the way for the victory.
- Phillies-Dodgers Preview
- @POTUS unscripted: Obama shows a looser side on Twitter
- Ned Yost explains why he didn't pick A-Rod for the AL All-Star team
- Gold Cup preview: Title contenders, best group games, USA's key player
- Jon Lester gets a hit. Finally.
- Quarterback De'Andre Johnson dismissed from Florida State
- MLB All-Star pitchers, reserves and final vote candidates announced
- Your winners and losers from the NBA's 2015 free-agent market
- Rollins rallies Dodgers past his old Phillies team, 10-7
- Kyrgios slams 'racist' Olympic great Fraser
- You know how many Royals were voted All-Stars starters by MLB players? Zero
- 13 remaining free agents who can help NBA teams
- The ridiculous snubbing of Clayton Kershaw and how the MLB All-Star Game lost its way
- Arizona signs 'key building block' Dylan Strome to entry-level contract
- 40 schedule observations for this college football season
- Andrea Pirlo could have the same impact in MLS as David Beckham