Mason helps Chattanooga beat Kennesaw State 65-51Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Zaccheus Mason scored 14 points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked four shots to help Chattanooga pull away for an easy 65-51 win over Chattanooga on Saturday.
Gee McGhee finished with 12 points for the Mocs (2-4), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Ronrico White and Drazen Zlovaric each had 10 points.
Chattanooga outrebounded the Owls 43-22. The Mocs also totaled 14 offensive rebounds, extending their streak to six games for grabbing 12 or more offensive boards.
Chattanooga closed the first half with a 10-0 run led by Zlovaric’s four points to claim a 38-21 lead at halftime. The Mocs took a 20-point lead when Farad Cobb knocked down a 3-pointer with 8:26 left in the second half.
Kennesaw State cut the Mocs’ advantage down to 59-51 on Jordan Montgomery’s two free throws with 1:37 remaining. But Chattanooga held the Owls (1-6) scoreless the rest of the way for the victory.
- Rebel soccer club on the rise in Manchester
- World Series of Poker starts this week with new events
- LEADING OFF: Reds skid, Texas rolls, Bradley aims to rebound
- Watch this fan in an American flag jacket snag a foul ball and dance ridiculously
- Jonathan Toews gives Chicago hope in spite of OT loss
- Ducks strike quickly; score two goals in 32 seconds against Chicago (Video)
- Josh Hamilton a little rusty in return to Texas Rangers
- Greg Cosell's NFL analysis: Jameis Winston landed with a good coordinator
- Lee happy to be team player in quest for individual goals
- Padres-Angels Preview
- Pujols' RBI single in 9th gives Angels 4-3 win over Padres
- Rockets use incredible 1st quarter, Harden's 45 to avoid Warriors sweep
- Matt Beleskey wins Game 5 OT thriller for Ducks after Blackhawks' rally
- Stephen Curry falls to floor, leaves Warriors-Rockets Game 4 with head contusion
- Real Madrid must make bold hire in replacing Carlo Ancelotti
- Chicago Bears look bad, cut Ray McDonald after latest arrest