Mason helps Chattanooga beat Kennesaw State 65-51Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Zaccheus Mason scored 14 points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked four shots to help Chattanooga pull away for an easy 65-51 win over Chattanooga on Saturday.
Gee McGhee finished with 12 points for the Mocs (2-4), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Ronrico White and Drazen Zlovaric each had 10 points.
Chattanooga outrebounded the Owls 43-22. The Mocs also totaled 14 offensive rebounds, extending their streak to six games for grabbing 12 or more offensive boards.
Chattanooga closed the first half with a 10-0 run led by Zlovaric’s four points to claim a 38-21 lead at halftime. The Mocs took a 20-point lead when Farad Cobb knocked down a 3-pointer with 8:26 left in the second half.
Kennesaw State cut the Mocs’ advantage down to 59-51 on Jordan Montgomery’s two free throws with 1:37 remaining. But Chattanooga held the Owls (1-6) scoreless the rest of the way for the victory.
- NFL Live Blog: Follow Week 12 action with the Shutdown Corner team
- Heroics and heartbreak: Stanford delivers in clutch to dash Notre Dame's playoff hopes
- Tom Brady wrangles Broncos in new Facebook pic
- Reports: Rutgers fires coach Kyle Flood, AD Julie Hermann
- LSU beats Texas A&M; LSU AD says Les Miles will continue to be coach
- Why this win over Michigan meant so much to Ohio State's Urban Meyer
- Patrick Kane sets NHL record with points in 19 straight games
- Georgia fires coach Mark Richt after 15 seasons
- Report: $110 million deal pending between Jordan Zimmermann, Tigers
- Winners and Losers: There are six teams left vying for four CFP spots
- Stanford shocks Notre Dame on last-second field goal
- Report: Iowa State hires Toledo's Matt Campbell
- Oklahoma claims Big 12 title and probable CFP spot with win against Oklahoma State
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's 11-year unbeaten streak, celebrates by singing Aerosmith