Georgia Southern shoots down Kennesaw State 62-46Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
Markeith Cummings led the Kennesaw State (1-5) in its home opener with 22 points.
The Eagles (2-2) won on the strength of their shooting. They hit 47.8 percent from the field (22 of 46), including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers (8 of 19), to the Owls’ 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and 25 percent (4 of 14).
From 39-34 at the 13:28 mark in the second half, Tre Bussey made two 3-pointers to boost the Eagles’ advantage to 45-34 with 12:12 to play, and C.J. Reid’s 3-pointer pushed the lead to 48-34 with 11:03 left. The Eagles maintained at least an eight-point advantage the rest of the night, building it to 60-44 on Jessie Pernell’s two free throws with 2:17 remaining.
- CFP Rankings: Top four unchanged heading into conference championships
- DeMarcus Cousins, Rajon Rondo have 'powerful' recent meeting with Kings coach George Karl
- UFC hoping new Las Vegas facility will lure fighters in, reduce significant injuries
- NBA rules that Luke Walton's only official win with Warriors is Coach of the Month
- Sources: Missouri interviewing head coaching candidates, including Cal's Sonny Dykes
- Question for the committee: Does Clemson deserve to make playoff even if it loses?
- Browns find a new low, lose on a blocked field goal for a touchdown
- Three losses to unranked foes raise familiar questions about LSU
- Report: David Price agrees to seven-year, $217 million contract with Red Sox
- Fools’ gold: Why Barry Bonds will regret taking job in Miami
- Greg Cosell's Week 12 Review: How the Broncos knocked off the Patriots
- Forde-Yard Dash: Everything you need to know ahead of championship weekend
- Steve Spurrier wrote an open letter to South Carolina fans
- 5 necessities for Cowboys this offseason
- KD decries media criticism of Kobe: 'They never got players and how we work'