Georgia Southern shoots down Kennesaw State 62-46Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
Markeith Cummings led the Kennesaw State (1-5) in its home opener with 22 points.
The Eagles (2-2) won on the strength of their shooting. They hit 47.8 percent from the field (22 of 46), including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers (8 of 19), to the Owls’ 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and 25 percent (4 of 14).
From 39-34 at the 13:28 mark in the second half, Tre Bussey made two 3-pointers to boost the Eagles’ advantage to 45-34 with 12:12 to play, and C.J. Reid’s 3-pointer pushed the lead to 48-34 with 11:03 left. The Eagles maintained at least an eight-point advantage the rest of the night, building it to 60-44 on Jessie Pernell’s two free throws with 2:17 remaining.
- Warriors eliminate Rockets, end 40-year NBA Finals drought
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation
- Timbers beat East-leading DC United 1-0
- Warriors clinch 1st Finals in 40 years with rugged Game 5 win over Rockets
- Dwight Howard picks up 7th technical foul of playoffs, faces Game 6 suspension
- Sources: Pelicans interview Jeff Van Gundy for coaching vacancy
- It's now or never for Abby Wambach
- Vikings coach Mike Zimmer tells Adrian Peterson what his two choices are
- Warriors G Klay Thompson suffers concussion
- THE LATEST: Asian federation opposes change to FIFA election
- Soccer sponsors dismayed by corruption allegations at FIFA
- Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks force Game 7 with powerful performance
- Jack Nicklaus used the same 3-wood for all 18 major wins
- College Football Playoff title game bids for 2018-20 official
- FIFA corruption: A timeline of unethical behavior
- Only surprise of corrupt, exploitative FIFA is that more weren’t indicted