Georgia Southern shoots down Kennesaw State 62-46Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
Markeith Cummings led the Kennesaw State (1-5) in its home opener with 22 points.
The Eagles (2-2) won on the strength of their shooting. They hit 47.8 percent from the field (22 of 46), including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers (8 of 19), to the Owls’ 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and 25 percent (4 of 14).
From 39-34 at the 13:28 mark in the second half, Tre Bussey made two 3-pointers to boost the Eagles’ advantage to 45-34 with 12:12 to play, and C.J. Reid’s 3-pointer pushed the lead to 48-34 with 11:03 left. The Eagles maintained at least an eight-point advantage the rest of the night, building it to 60-44 on Jessie Pernell’s two free throws with 2:17 remaining.
- NBA in Africa: Visiting Mandela's house and planning safaris
- The Latest: Price's arrival in Toronto delayed by flat tire
- U.S. court puts National Collegiate Athletic Association injunction on hold
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Brandon Graham says Tim Tebow will not only make Eagles but play a lot
- Shutdown Countdown: With Suh in place, here come the Dolphins
- Report: Russell Wilson will become NFL’s second-highest-paid QB
- Beijing will host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Woods takes route 66 to soar into contention
- Agent says Junior Galette agrees to 1-year deal with Skins
- Wilson signs 4-year contract extension with Seahawks
- Fantasy Football Ranks: Preseason '15
- Nancy Lieberman to join Kings coaching staff, as time and progress march on
- Orioles get Gerardo Parra from Brewers in deadline day deal
- Hawks' Mike Scott faces felony charges after arrest on pot, MDMA possession
- Giants get perfect fit in trade for Reds starter Mike Leake