Georgia Southern shoots down Kennesaw State 62-46Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
Markeith Cummings led the Kennesaw State (1-5) in its home opener with 22 points.
The Eagles (2-2) won on the strength of their shooting. They hit 47.8 percent from the field (22 of 46), including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers (8 of 19), to the Owls’ 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and 25 percent (4 of 14).
From 39-34 at the 13:28 mark in the second half, Tre Bussey made two 3-pointers to boost the Eagles’ advantage to 45-34 with 12:12 to play, and C.J. Reid’s 3-pointer pushed the lead to 48-34 with 11:03 left. The Eagles maintained at least an eight-point advantage the rest of the night, building it to 60-44 on Jessie Pernell’s two free throws with 2:17 remaining.
- Nocera would swap 14 tour wins for one British Open
- Knicks add Arron Afflalo on 2-year, $16 million deal
- Sources: Omer Asik finalizing $60 million contract with Pelicans
- Sources: Draymond Green agrees to $85 million deal with Warriors
- Paul Pierce gives Clippers another scoring option, championship pedigree
- Winners & Losers on Day 1 of NHL Free Agency
- Angels name Bill Stoneman interim general manager
- CoCo Vandeweghe calls Carmelo Anthony 'soft'
- Hurricanes owner mocks Pittsburgh Penguins for Phil Kessel trade
- Free-agent roundup: Opening days don't get much more hectic
- Sources: Kings trade Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry and Jason Thompson to 76ers in salary dump
- Joey Butler spoils Carlos Carrasco's no-hit bid with two outs in ninth
- Stoppage time own goal sinks England against Japan in World Cup semi
- Sources: Iman Shumpert agrees to $40 million contract with Cavaliers
- The Lakers lost out on LaMarcus Aldridge by being the Lakers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker