Georgia Southern shoots down Kennesaw State 62-46Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
Markeith Cummings led the Kennesaw State (1-5) in its home opener with 22 points.
The Eagles (2-2) won on the strength of their shooting. They hit 47.8 percent from the field (22 of 46), including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers (8 of 19), to the Owls’ 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and 25 percent (4 of 14).
From 39-34 at the 13:28 mark in the second half, Tre Bussey made two 3-pointers to boost the Eagles’ advantage to 45-34 with 12:12 to play, and C.J. Reid’s 3-pointer pushed the lead to 48-34 with 11:03 left. The Eagles maintained at least an eight-point advantage the rest of the night, building it to 60-44 on Jessie Pernell’s two free throws with 2:17 remaining.
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones downgrades Brandon Weeden to 'limited'
- Bernard Hopkins eyeing final fight
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Matt Williams fired as Washington Nationals manager
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's loss could spell very bad news for the Hornets
- Former UFC title-holder Jon Jones briefly breaks social media silence
- Chicago Blackhawks' Stanley Cup rings feature 355 diamonds (Photos)